JDS to release candidates list by March end
Bangalore: Former Prime Minister H D Deve Gowda-led JDS on Saturday said it would announce the list of its candidates for the May five Assembly elections by March end.
"We will announce the list of at least 220 candidates within March 31," Senior JDS leader Basavaraj Horatti told reporters here.
The JDS Parliamentary Board would soon finalise the list and send it for approval to Gowda and State JDS President and his son H D Kumaraswamy, Horatti said.
Former minister and JDS leader N C Nanaiah charged both BJP and RSS with spreading canard about JDS having an "covert" understanding with them for forging an alliance for the polls.
"RSS and BJP are designing a ploy to weaken our support base with the minorities by spreading such a canard," he alleged. There was no reason for the JDS to strike an alliance with BJP as its image has taken a beating in the wake of corruption charges against it, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today
- IIFA Awards 2016: Here is the list of winners