JDS to release candidates list by March end
Bangalore: Former Prime Minister H D Deve Gowda-led JDS on Saturday said it would announce the list of its candidates for the May five Assembly elections by March end.
"We will announce the list of at least 220 candidates within March 31," Senior JDS leader Basavaraj Horatti told reporters here.
The JDS Parliamentary Board would soon finalise the list and send it for approval to Gowda and State JDS President and his son H D Kumaraswamy, Horatti said.
Former minister and JDS leader N C Nanaiah charged both BJP and RSS with spreading canard about JDS having an "covert" understanding with them for forging an alliance for the polls.
"RSS and BJP are designing a ploy to weaken our support base with the minorities by spreading such a canard," he alleged. There was no reason for the JDS to strike an alliance with BJP as its image has taken a beating in the wake of corruption charges against it, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur