JDS to release candidates list by March end
Bangalore: Former Prime Minister H D Deve Gowda-led JDS on Saturday said it would announce the list of its candidates for the May five Assembly elections by March end.
"We will announce the list of at least 220 candidates within March 31," Senior JDS leader Basavaraj Horatti told reporters here.
The JDS Parliamentary Board would soon finalise the list and send it for approval to Gowda and State JDS President and his son H D Kumaraswamy, Horatti said.
Former minister and JDS leader N C Nanaiah charged both BJP and RSS with spreading canard about JDS having an "covert" understanding with them for forging an alliance for the polls.
"RSS and BJP are designing a ploy to weaken our support base with the minorities by spreading such a canard," he alleged. There was no reason for the JDS to strike an alliance with BJP as its image has taken a beating in the wake of corruption charges against it, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city