JD(S) will support no-confidence motion: Deve Gowda
Bijapur: Amid the threat by BS Yeddyurappa to topple the BJP government in Karnataka, JD(S) on Saturday said it was ready to support a Congress no-confidence motion against the Jagadish Shettar Ministry.
"JD(S) is ready to support no-confidence motion if the Congress moves it against the BJP Government in the state," party supremo and former prime minister H D Deve Gowda told reporters here.
JD(S) had made clear its stand on the issue from day one when differences cropped up between Karnataka Janata Paksha, floated by Yeddyurappa, and BJP, he said.
The party, however, would not join hands with BJP and form a government if Shettar lost majority in the assembly, Gowda said.
Yeddyurappa, who has the support of around 15 BJP MLAs, has said a decision on bringing down the first-ever BJP government in the south would be taken on January 15 and vowed not to allow Shettar to present the budget next month.
Gowda alleged that the Congress was not duly performing its role as the main Opposition as it had not exposed any scandals of the present government. "It is HD Kumaraswamy (State JDS President) who exposed several ministers involved in scandals," he said.
Replying to a query, Gowda said he was not in favour of leading a Third Front due to health issues. Moreover, lack of unity among Third Front parties is a stark truth, he added.
Gowda appealed to political parties not to politicise gang-rape incidents and support introducing stringent law against rapists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outline solutions, don't become roadblock to progressive democracy: BJP tells Mamata
- After Virat Kohli, time for Anil Kumble to work with MS Dhoni - Here's what Jumbo said..
- Union Minister Maneka Gandhi raps Kerala for its policy on stray dogs
- RSS distributed sweets on the day Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated: Congress
- Remember Parul Chauhan aka Ragini from 'Bidaai'? Her latest pictures will make your jaw drop!