JD(S) will support no-confidence motion: Deve Gowda
Bijapur: Amid the threat by BS Yeddyurappa to topple the BJP government in Karnataka, JD(S) on Saturday said it was ready to support a Congress no-confidence motion against the Jagadish Shettar Ministry.
"JD(S) is ready to support no-confidence motion if the Congress moves it against the BJP Government in the state," party supremo and former prime minister H D Deve Gowda told reporters here.
JD(S) had made clear its stand on the issue from day one when differences cropped up between Karnataka Janata Paksha, floated by Yeddyurappa, and BJP, he said.
The party, however, would not join hands with BJP and form a government if Shettar lost majority in the assembly, Gowda said.
Yeddyurappa, who has the support of around 15 BJP MLAs, has said a decision on bringing down the first-ever BJP government in the south would be taken on January 15 and vowed not to allow Shettar to present the budget next month.
Gowda alleged that the Congress was not duly performing its role as the main Opposition as it had not exposed any scandals of the present government. "It is HD Kumaraswamy (State JDS President) who exposed several ministers involved in scandals," he said.
Replying to a query, Gowda said he was not in favour of leading a Third Front due to health issues. Moreover, lack of unity among Third Front parties is a stark truth, he added.
Gowda appealed to political parties not to politicise gang-rape incidents and support introducing stringent law against rapists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’