JD(S) will support no-confidence motion: Deve Gowda
Bijapur: Amid the threat by BS Yeddyurappa to topple the BJP government in Karnataka, JD(S) on Saturday said it was ready to support a Congress no-confidence motion against the Jagadish Shettar Ministry.
"JD(S) is ready to support no-confidence motion if the Congress moves it against the BJP Government in the state," party supremo and former prime minister H D Deve Gowda told reporters here.
JD(S) had made clear its stand on the issue from day one when differences cropped up between Karnataka Janata Paksha, floated by Yeddyurappa, and BJP, he said.
The party, however, would not join hands with BJP and form a government if Shettar lost majority in the assembly, Gowda said.
Yeddyurappa, who has the support of around 15 BJP MLAs, has said a decision on bringing down the first-ever BJP government in the south would be taken on January 15 and vowed not to allow Shettar to present the budget next month.
Gowda alleged that the Congress was not duly performing its role as the main Opposition as it had not exposed any scandals of the present government. "It is HD Kumaraswamy (State JDS President) who exposed several ministers involved in scandals," he said.
Replying to a query, Gowda said he was not in favour of leading a Third Front due to health issues. Moreover, lack of unity among Third Front parties is a stark truth, he added.
Gowda appealed to political parties not to politicise gang-rape incidents and support introducing stringent law against rapists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches India's first green rail corridor in Tamil Nadu
- UP: 8 children killed as train hits school mini-bus in Bhadohi
- If Narsingh Yadav is found guilty, Sushil Kumar cannot replace him for Rio Olympics – Here's why!
- Rohit Bal's fusion of bling and royalty draws curtain on India Couture Week
- Watch 'Kala Chashma' teaser: Check out Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra's desi swag
- Navjot Singh Sidhu says he quit Rajya Sabha because he was told to stay away from Punjab
- Missing IAF AN32: Co-pilot Pankaj Nandel's family hopeful of his return