Jet Airways aircraft suffers bird hit; delayed for 3 hours
Mangalore: One of the engines of a
Mumbai-bound Jet Airways flight from Bajpe airport here
suffered minor damage due to a bird hit, airport authorities
"The Mumbai-Mangalore flight 9W 2133 with 130 passengers on
board landed safely. After the passengers and crew
disembarked, the aircraft was proceeding towards the apron
area when a peacock hit one of the engines", Bajpe Airport
Director M R Vasudeva Rao told PTI.
The flight was dealyed by about three hours as one of the
damaged parts of the engine had to be replaced, he said adding
it began return journey from here to Mumbai after the aircraft
was subjected to a thorough check.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next