Jet Airways aircraft suffers bird hit; delayed for 3 hours
Mangalore: One of the engines of a
Mumbai-bound Jet Airways flight from Bajpe airport here
suffered minor damage due to a bird hit, airport authorities
"The Mumbai-Mangalore flight 9W 2133 with 130 passengers on
board landed safely. After the passengers and crew
disembarked, the aircraft was proceeding towards the apron
area when a peacock hit one of the engines", Bajpe Airport
Director M R Vasudeva Rao told PTI.
The flight was dealyed by about three hours as one of the
damaged parts of the engine had to be replaced, he said adding
it began return journey from here to Mumbai after the aircraft
was subjected to a thorough check.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY