JS Khehar new Karnataka chief justice
Bangalore: JS Khehar was Sunday sworn in as the chief justice of the Karnataka High Court succeeding PD Dinakaran, who has been transferred to Sikkim in the wake of land grab charges against him.
Khehar, who was chief justice of the Uttarakhand High Court, was administered the oath of office by Governor H. R. Bhardwaj at a simple ceremony at Raj Bhavan.
Chief Minister B. S. Yeddyurappa, his cabinet colleagues, and the judges of the high court were present at the ceremony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened