Judge recalls warrant seeking Reddy`s appearance in court
Bellary (Karnanataka): A local court on Wednesday recalled the warrant issued against former minister and mining baron G Janardhana Reddy seeking his appearance before it in a defamation suit filed against him.
Judge M B Kulkarni accepted the police plea that they are not in a position to produce Reddy, currently in jail in Hyderabad before the court, due to security reasons.
On January 18, the judge had ordered an issue of warrant directing that Reddy be produced before the court today.
JDS leader S Diwakar Babu had filed the defamation case against Reddy in 2005 for allegedly making some remarks against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- SHOCKING: Bernie Ecclestone's mother-in-law kidnapped in Brazil, abductors demand $36.5 m as ransom
- Badshah's Hindi cover of Justin Bieber’s 'Sorry' is out and, dayum, it's addictive!
- Subramanian Swamy wants discussion on Mahatma Gandhi killing in Rajya Sabha
- Mercedes-AMG SLC43 launched in India at Rs 77.5 lakh
- Two attackers 'neutralized', one hostage killed in France church attack