Judge recalls warrant seeking Reddy`s appearance in court
Bellary (Karnanataka): A local court on Wednesday recalled the warrant issued against former minister and mining baron G Janardhana Reddy seeking his appearance before it in a defamation suit filed against him.
Judge M B Kulkarni accepted the police plea that they are not in a position to produce Reddy, currently in jail in Hyderabad before the court, due to security reasons.
On January 18, the judge had ordered an issue of warrant directing that Reddy be produced before the court today.
JDS leader S Diwakar Babu had filed the defamation case against Reddy in 2005 for allegedly making some remarks against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!