Judge recalls warrant seeking Reddy`s appearance in court
Bellary (Karnanataka): A local court on Wednesday recalled the warrant issued against former minister and mining baron G Janardhana Reddy seeking his appearance before it in a defamation suit filed against him.
Judge M B Kulkarni accepted the police plea that they are not in a position to produce Reddy, currently in jail in Hyderabad before the court, due to security reasons.
On January 18, the judge had ordered an issue of warrant directing that Reddy be produced before the court today.
JDS leader S Diwakar Babu had filed the defamation case against Reddy in 2005 for allegedly making some remarks against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery