Judge recalls warrant seeking Reddy`s appearance in court
Bellary (Karnanataka): A local court on Wednesday recalled the warrant issued against former minister and mining baron G Janardhana Reddy seeking his appearance before it in a defamation suit filed against him.
Judge M B Kulkarni accepted the police plea that they are not in a position to produce Reddy, currently in jail in Hyderabad before the court, due to security reasons.
On January 18, the judge had ordered an issue of warrant directing that Reddy be produced before the court today.
JDS leader S Diwakar Babu had filed the defamation case against Reddy in 2005 for allegedly making some remarks against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi