Judge recalls warrant seeking Reddy`s appearance in court
Bellary (Karnanataka): A local court on Wednesday recalled the warrant issued against former minister and mining baron G Janardhana Reddy seeking his appearance before it in a defamation suit filed against him.
Judge M B Kulkarni accepted the police plea that they are not in a position to produce Reddy, currently in jail in Hyderabad before the court, due to security reasons.
On January 18, the judge had ordered an issue of warrant directing that Reddy be produced before the court today.
JDS leader S Diwakar Babu had filed the defamation case against Reddy in 2005 for allegedly making some remarks against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video