Judicial custody of Janardhana Reddy extended till May 23
Bangalore: A CBI court on Thursday extended till May 23 the judicial custody of former Karnataka Minister and mining baron G Janardhana Reddy and his personal assistant Mehfuz Ali Khan, arrested in connection with an illegal mining case.
Additional Civil and Sessions Court Judge and CBI special court incharge judge Shankaralinge Gowda passed the order after CBI moved an application seeking extension of the custody.
Reddy and Khan, lodged in Bangalore central prison, were produced in the court via video-conferencing.
Associated Mining Corporation (AMC) and Deccan Mining Syndicate (DMC) owned by Reddy and his wife Aruna Lakshmi have been facing probe over charges of illegal mining.
Two other officials accused in the case, S Muthaiah, the then Deputy Conservator of Forest, Bellary District (seventh accused in the case), Government of Karnataka and S P Raju, the then Deputy Director of Mines and Geology department, Hospet, Bellary district, who were arrested by CBI on April 30, were produced before the court and remanded to judicial custody till May 23.
Meanwhile, hearing on bail pleas of Reddy and Khan were adjourned to May 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog