Judicial custody of Janardhana Reddy extended till May 23
Bangalore: A CBI court on Thursday extended till May 23 the judicial custody of former Karnataka Minister and mining baron G Janardhana Reddy and his personal assistant Mehfuz Ali Khan, arrested in connection with an illegal mining case.
Additional Civil and Sessions Court Judge and CBI special court incharge judge Shankaralinge Gowda passed the order after CBI moved an application seeking extension of the custody.
Reddy and Khan, lodged in Bangalore central prison, were produced in the court via video-conferencing.
Associated Mining Corporation (AMC) and Deccan Mining Syndicate (DMC) owned by Reddy and his wife Aruna Lakshmi have been facing probe over charges of illegal mining.
Two other officials accused in the case, S Muthaiah, the then Deputy Conservator of Forest, Bellary District (seventh accused in the case), Government of Karnataka and S P Raju, the then Deputy Director of Mines and Geology department, Hospet, Bellary district, who were arrested by CBI on April 30, were produced before the court and remanded to judicial custody till May 23.
Meanwhile, hearing on bail pleas of Reddy and Khan were adjourned to May 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- Kareena Kapoor Khan opens up on her pregnancy, says she is proud of it!
- PHOTO (Inside): Not for the faint-hearted! Saina Nehwal shares image of her knee's broken bone
- 'Domestic airfares to decline at lower rate in Q2'
- US, Ukraine to conduct observation flights over Russia
- 25-year-old woman gang-raped, two arrested