Judicial custody of Janardhana Reddy extended till May 23
Bangalore: A CBI court on Thursday extended till May 23 the judicial custody of former Karnataka Minister and mining baron G Janardhana Reddy and his personal assistant Mehfuz Ali Khan, arrested in connection with an illegal mining case.
Additional Civil and Sessions Court Judge and CBI special court incharge judge Shankaralinge Gowda passed the order after CBI moved an application seeking extension of the custody.
Reddy and Khan, lodged in Bangalore central prison, were produced in the court via video-conferencing.
Associated Mining Corporation (AMC) and Deccan Mining Syndicate (DMC) owned by Reddy and his wife Aruna Lakshmi have been facing probe over charges of illegal mining.
Two other officials accused in the case, S Muthaiah, the then Deputy Conservator of Forest, Bellary District (seventh accused in the case), Government of Karnataka and S P Raju, the then Deputy Director of Mines and Geology department, Hospet, Bellary district, who were arrested by CBI on April 30, were produced before the court and remanded to judicial custody till May 23.
Meanwhile, hearing on bail pleas of Reddy and Khan were adjourned to May 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh