Judicial custody of Janardhana Reddy extended till May 23
Bangalore: A CBI court on Thursday extended till May 23 the judicial custody of former Karnataka Minister and mining baron G Janardhana Reddy and his personal assistant Mehfuz Ali Khan, arrested in connection with an illegal mining case.
Additional Civil and Sessions Court Judge and CBI special court incharge judge Shankaralinge Gowda passed the order after CBI moved an application seeking extension of the custody.
Reddy and Khan, lodged in Bangalore central prison, were produced in the court via video-conferencing.
Associated Mining Corporation (AMC) and Deccan Mining Syndicate (DMC) owned by Reddy and his wife Aruna Lakshmi have been facing probe over charges of illegal mining.
Two other officials accused in the case, S Muthaiah, the then Deputy Conservator of Forest, Bellary District (seventh accused in the case), Government of Karnataka and S P Raju, the then Deputy Director of Mines and Geology department, Hospet, Bellary district, who were arrested by CBI on April 30, were produced before the court and remanded to judicial custody till May 23.
Meanwhile, hearing on bail pleas of Reddy and Khan were adjourned to May 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda