Judicial custody of Janardhana Reddy extended
Bangalore: A CBI court on Friday extended to September 26, the judicial custody of mining baron and former Karnataka Minister G Janardhana Reddy and four others arrested in an illegal mining case.
CBI court judge B M Angadi extended the judicial custody of the accused after they were produced before the court through video conferencing from Parappana Agrahara jail where they are lodged.
Meanwhile, Reddy and another accused Mehfuz Ali Khan filed applications seeking interim bail which will be heard on September 11.Both are seeking bail for the second time.
Another accused S P Raju filed a bail application last month. He is also seeking bail for the second time.
On July 10, the CBI court granted bail to Reddy`s wife Lakshmi Aruna after she appeared, complying with the summons served on her on July two.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt