Judicial custody of Janardhana Reddy extended
Bangalore: A CBI court on Friday extended to September 26, the judicial custody of mining baron and former Karnataka Minister G Janardhana Reddy and four others arrested in an illegal mining case.
CBI court judge B M Angadi extended the judicial custody of the accused after they were produced before the court through video conferencing from Parappana Agrahara jail where they are lodged.
Meanwhile, Reddy and another accused Mehfuz Ali Khan filed applications seeking interim bail which will be heard on September 11.Both are seeking bail for the second time.
Another accused S P Raju filed a bail application last month. He is also seeking bail for the second time.
On July 10, the CBI court granted bail to Reddy`s wife Lakshmi Aruna after she appeared, complying with the summons served on her on July two.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA