Judicial custody of Janardhana Reddy extended
Bangalore: A CBI court on Friday extended to September 26, the judicial custody of mining baron and former Karnataka Minister G Janardhana Reddy and four others arrested in an illegal mining case.
CBI court judge B M Angadi extended the judicial custody of the accused after they were produced before the court through video conferencing from Parappana Agrahara jail where they are lodged.
Meanwhile, Reddy and another accused Mehfuz Ali Khan filed applications seeking interim bail which will be heard on September 11.Both are seeking bail for the second time.
Another accused S P Raju filed a bail application last month. He is also seeking bail for the second time.
On July 10, the CBI court granted bail to Reddy`s wife Lakshmi Aruna after she appeared, complying with the summons served on her on July two.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price