Judicial custody of Janardhana Reddy extended
Bangalore: A CBI court on Friday extended to December 31 the judicial custody of mining baron G Janardhana Reddy and four others, arrested in the illegal mining case of Associated Mining Corporation (AMC) owned by him.
CBI court judge BM Angadi extended the judicial custody of the accused till December 31.
Reddy and his close aide Mehfuz Ali Khan were produced before the court through video conferencing from Chanchalguda jail in Hyderabad where they have been lodged in connection with the Obulapuram Mining Company case (OMC) case.
However, the other three were produced through video conferencing from Parappana Agrahara jail here.
The bail pleas of all the five accused was rejected by the CBI court earlier.
Reddy subsequently moved the High Court for bail and his plea was also rejected.
The bail pleas of Khan, the then Deputy Conservator of Forests, Bellary district, S Muthaiah and the then Director Mines and Geology S P Raju have already been rejected by the High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Manohar Parrikar says Pampore attack an act of frustration; orders probe
- Virat Kohli: Homework was a 'big headache'
- Three more Indian athletes qualify for Rio Olympics
- 'Reprogrammed' bacteria eat carbon dioxide to produce sugars
- Government eliminates 1.6 crore bogus ration cards, to save Rs 10,000 crore