Judicial custody of Janardhana Reddy extended
Bangalore: A CBI court on Friday extended to December 31 the judicial custody of mining baron G Janardhana Reddy and four others, arrested in the illegal mining case of Associated Mining Corporation (AMC) owned by him.
CBI court judge BM Angadi extended the judicial custody of the accused till December 31.
Reddy and his close aide Mehfuz Ali Khan were produced before the court through video conferencing from Chanchalguda jail in Hyderabad where they have been lodged in connection with the Obulapuram Mining Company case (OMC) case.
However, the other three were produced through video conferencing from Parappana Agrahara jail here.
The bail pleas of all the five accused was rejected by the CBI court earlier.
Reddy subsequently moved the High Court for bail and his plea was also rejected.
The bail pleas of Khan, the then Deputy Conservator of Forests, Bellary district, S Muthaiah and the then Director Mines and Geology S P Raju have already been rejected by the High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof