Judicial custody of Janardhana Reddy extended
Bangalore: A CBI court on Friday extended to December 31 the judicial custody of mining baron G Janardhana Reddy and four others, arrested in the illegal mining case of Associated Mining Corporation (AMC) owned by him.
CBI court judge BM Angadi extended the judicial custody of the accused till December 31.
Reddy and his close aide Mehfuz Ali Khan were produced before the court through video conferencing from Chanchalguda jail in Hyderabad where they have been lodged in connection with the Obulapuram Mining Company case (OMC) case.
However, the other three were produced through video conferencing from Parappana Agrahara jail here.
The bail pleas of all the five accused was rejected by the CBI court earlier.
Reddy subsequently moved the High Court for bail and his plea was also rejected.
The bail pleas of Khan, the then Deputy Conservator of Forests, Bellary district, S Muthaiah and the then Director Mines and Geology S P Raju have already been rejected by the High Court.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: From US-made bomb making tools to Quran; here's all unearthed from ISIS secret tunnels