Judicial custody of Janardhana Reddy extended
Bangalore: A CBI court on Friday extended to December 31 the judicial custody of mining baron G Janardhana Reddy and four others, arrested in the illegal mining case of Associated Mining Corporation (AMC) owned by him.
CBI court judge BM Angadi extended the judicial custody of the accused till December 31.
Reddy and his close aide Mehfuz Ali Khan were produced before the court through video conferencing from Chanchalguda jail in Hyderabad where they have been lodged in connection with the Obulapuram Mining Company case (OMC) case.
However, the other three were produced through video conferencing from Parappana Agrahara jail here.
The bail pleas of all the five accused was rejected by the CBI court earlier.
Reddy subsequently moved the High Court for bail and his plea was also rejected.
The bail pleas of Khan, the then Deputy Conservator of Forests, Bellary district, S Muthaiah and the then Director Mines and Geology S P Raju have already been rejected by the High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees