Judicial custody of Janardhana Reddy extended
Bangalore: A CBI court on Friday extended to December 31 the judicial custody of mining baron G Janardhana Reddy and four others, arrested in the illegal mining case of Associated Mining Corporation (AMC) owned by him.
CBI court judge BM Angadi extended the judicial custody of the accused till December 31.
Reddy and his close aide Mehfuz Ali Khan were produced before the court through video conferencing from Chanchalguda jail in Hyderabad where they have been lodged in connection with the Obulapuram Mining Company case (OMC) case.
However, the other three were produced through video conferencing from Parappana Agrahara jail here.
The bail pleas of all the five accused was rejected by the CBI court earlier.
Reddy subsequently moved the High Court for bail and his plea was also rejected.
The bail pleas of Khan, the then Deputy Conservator of Forests, Bellary district, S Muthaiah and the then Director Mines and Geology S P Raju have already been rejected by the High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter