Judicial custody of Janardhana Reddy, others extended to Nov 3
Bangalore: A CBI court on Friday extended to November 3 the judicial custody of mining baron G Janardhana Reddy and four others, arrested in connection with illegal mining case.
CBI court judge BM Angadi extended the judicial custody of the accused till November 3.
Janardhana Reddy was produced before the court through video-conferencing from Chanchalguda jail in Hyderabad, where he was shifted in connection with the Obulapuram Mining Case.
His close aide Mehfuz Ali Khan was not produced before the court as he is in police custody in Hyderabad in connection with the same case.
However, the other three were produced through video- conferencing from Parappana Agrahara jail here.
The bail pleas of all the five accused were rejected by the CBI court earlier.
Reddy subsequently moved the High Court for bail and this is still pending before it.
The bail pleas of the then Deputy Conservator of Forests, Bellary district, S Muthaiah and the then Director Mines and Geology SP Raju was rejected by the High Court two days ago.
Khan`s bail plea has already been rejected by the High Court.
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper deal: We are investigating former IAF chief SP Tyagi's bank accounts, asset details, says CBI
- WATCH: Unbelievable cricket moment- Batsman scores 18 runs off 1 ball!
- Syrian conflict in many ways out of control, warns John Kerry
- Rupee falls 11 paise to 66.44 Vs US dollar
- Parliamentary panel asks coal PSUs, govt to recover dues