Judicial custody of Janardhana Reddy, others extended to Nov 3
Bangalore: A CBI court on Friday extended to November 3 the judicial custody of mining baron G Janardhana Reddy and four others, arrested in connection with illegal mining case.
CBI court judge BM Angadi extended the judicial custody of the accused till November 3.
Janardhana Reddy was produced before the court through video-conferencing from Chanchalguda jail in Hyderabad, where he was shifted in connection with the Obulapuram Mining Case.
His close aide Mehfuz Ali Khan was not produced before the court as he is in police custody in Hyderabad in connection with the same case.
However, the other three were produced through video- conferencing from Parappana Agrahara jail here.
The bail pleas of all the five accused were rejected by the CBI court earlier.
Reddy subsequently moved the High Court for bail and this is still pending before it.
The bail pleas of the then Deputy Conservator of Forests, Bellary district, S Muthaiah and the then Director Mines and Geology SP Raju was rejected by the High Court two days ago.
Khan`s bail plea has already been rejected by the High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Say hello to 'nastiest' star ever
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy