Judicial custody of Janardhana Reddy, others extended to Nov 3
Bangalore: A CBI court on Friday extended to November 3 the judicial custody of mining baron G Janardhana Reddy and four others, arrested in connection with illegal mining case.
CBI court judge BM Angadi extended the judicial custody of the accused till November 3.
Janardhana Reddy was produced before the court through video-conferencing from Chanchalguda jail in Hyderabad, where he was shifted in connection with the Obulapuram Mining Case.
His close aide Mehfuz Ali Khan was not produced before the court as he is in police custody in Hyderabad in connection with the same case.
However, the other three were produced through video- conferencing from Parappana Agrahara jail here.
The bail pleas of all the five accused were rejected by the CBI court earlier.
Reddy subsequently moved the High Court for bail and this is still pending before it.
The bail pleas of the then Deputy Conservator of Forests, Bellary district, S Muthaiah and the then Director Mines and Geology SP Raju was rejected by the High Court two days ago.
Khan`s bail plea has already been rejected by the High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins
- Rohit Shetty's 'Ram Lakhan' remake not happening anymore? Here's what we know so far!
- Gionee S6s smartphone for selfie lovers to be launched in India today
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu shine for India; USA top tally with 121 medals
- US Republican voters not happy with Donald Trump as presidential nominee: Poll