Judicial custody of Janardhana Reddy,others extended to Nov 26
Bangalore: A CBI court on Saturday extended to November 26, the judicial custody of mining baron G Janardhana Reddy and four others, arrested in illegal mining case.
CBI court judge B M Angadi extended the judicial custody of the five till Nov 26.
Janardhana Reddy, who was to be produced before the court through video conferencing from Chanchalguda jail in Hyderabad, where he was shifted in connection with the Obulapuram Mining Case, was not produced due to technical glitch and his close aide Mehfuz Ali Khan was also not produced before the court as he is in police custody in Hyderabad in connection with the same case.
However, the other three were produced through video conferencing from Parappana Agrahara jail.
The bail pleas of the five were rejected by the CBI court earlier.
Reddy subsequently moved the High Court for bail and his plea is still pending before it.
The bail pleas of the then Deputy Conservator of Forests, Bellary district, S Muthaiah and the then Director Mines and Geology S P Raju was rejected by the High Court earlier last month.
Khan`s bail plea has already been rejected by the High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot