Judicial custody of Janardhana Reddy,others extended to Nov 26
Bangalore: A CBI court on Saturday extended to November 26, the judicial custody of mining baron G Janardhana Reddy and four others, arrested in illegal mining case.
CBI court judge B M Angadi extended the judicial custody of the five till Nov 26.
Janardhana Reddy, who was to be produced before the court through video conferencing from Chanchalguda jail in Hyderabad, where he was shifted in connection with the Obulapuram Mining Case, was not produced due to technical glitch and his close aide Mehfuz Ali Khan was also not produced before the court as he is in police custody in Hyderabad in connection with the same case.
However, the other three were produced through video conferencing from Parappana Agrahara jail.
The bail pleas of the five were rejected by the CBI court earlier.
Reddy subsequently moved the High Court for bail and his plea is still pending before it.
The bail pleas of the then Deputy Conservator of Forests, Bellary district, S Muthaiah and the then Director Mines and Geology S P Raju was rejected by the High Court earlier last month.
Khan`s bail plea has already been rejected by the High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore