Judicial custody of Reddy and others extended till Feb 2
Bangalore: A CBI court on Wednesday extended to February 2, the judicial custody of mining baron G Janardhana Reddy and four others arrested in the illegal mining case of Associated Mining Corporation owned by him.
Reddy and his close aide Mehfuz Ali Khan were produced before the court through video conferencing from Chanchalguda jail at Hyderabad where they have been lodged in connection with the Obulapuram Mining Company case.
However, the other three were produced through video conferencing from Parappana Agrahara jail on the city outskirts.
Judge Shreeshananda extended their judicial custody till February 2.
Bail pleas of the five accused had been rejected by the CBI court. Reddy subsequently moved the High Court for bail and his plea was also rejected.
The bail pleas of Khan, and three others have already been rejected by the High Court.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Thankful Centre accepted mistake of calling off talks with Pakistan: Omar Abdullah
- Federal Bank says done with NPAs; sounds positive about FY17
- Mulberry love: Check out five incredible health benefits of the super fruit!
- Radiotherapy can affect lung cancer patients adversely
- Coolpad announces a price cut on Note 3 smartphone in India