Judicial custody of Reddy and others extended till Feb 2
Bangalore: A CBI court on Wednesday extended to February 2, the judicial custody of mining baron G Janardhana Reddy and four others arrested in the illegal mining case of Associated Mining Corporation owned by him.
Reddy and his close aide Mehfuz Ali Khan were produced before the court through video conferencing from Chanchalguda jail at Hyderabad where they have been lodged in connection with the Obulapuram Mining Company case.
However, the other three were produced through video conferencing from Parappana Agrahara jail on the city outskirts.
Judge Shreeshananda extended their judicial custody till February 2.
Bail pleas of the five accused had been rejected by the CBI court. Reddy subsequently moved the High Court for bail and his plea was also rejected.
The bail pleas of Khan, and three others have already been rejected by the High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- When brave CRPF men put themselves between terrorists' bullets and colleagues in Pampore attack
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'