Judicial custody of Reddy and others extended till Feb 2
Bangalore: A CBI court on Wednesday extended to February 2, the judicial custody of mining baron G Janardhana Reddy and four others arrested in the illegal mining case of Associated Mining Corporation owned by him.
Reddy and his close aide Mehfuz Ali Khan were produced before the court through video conferencing from Chanchalguda jail at Hyderabad where they have been lodged in connection with the Obulapuram Mining Company case.
However, the other three were produced through video conferencing from Parappana Agrahara jail on the city outskirts.
Judge Shreeshananda extended their judicial custody till February 2.
Bail pleas of the five accused had been rejected by the CBI court. Reddy subsequently moved the High Court for bail and his plea was also rejected.
The bail pleas of Khan, and three others have already been rejected by the High Court.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- A good beginning: Govt on meet between PM Modi, Sonia over GST Bill