Judicial custody of Reddy and others extended till Feb 2
Bangalore: A CBI court on Wednesday extended to February 2, the judicial custody of mining baron G Janardhana Reddy and four others arrested in the illegal mining case of Associated Mining Corporation owned by him.
Reddy and his close aide Mehfuz Ali Khan were produced before the court through video conferencing from Chanchalguda jail at Hyderabad where they have been lodged in connection with the Obulapuram Mining Company case.
However, the other three were produced through video conferencing from Parappana Agrahara jail on the city outskirts.
Judge Shreeshananda extended their judicial custody till February 2.
Bail pleas of the five accused had been rejected by the CBI court. Reddy subsequently moved the High Court for bail and his plea was also rejected.
The bail pleas of Khan, and three others have already been rejected by the High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi