Judoka files dowry complaint against husband, in-laws
Coimbatore: A Karnataka-based woman judoka on Tuesday lodged a complaint of dowry harassment against her husband and in-laws residing here, police said.
Arpitha B M, hailing from Mandya in Karnataka, who has participated in three International Judo Championships, was married to a fashion designer from the city, Chaitresh Babu in November last and had given cash and ornaments worth over Rs 10 lakh as dowry and was residing at Vadavalli here since then, she said in a complaint to SP Sudhakar.
However, her husband started harassing her for more money and threatened to throw acid on her face if she failed to do so, the complaint said.
25-year-old Arpitha alleged her husband and in-laws used to lock her inside, whenever they went out and she did not have any freedom in the house, police said.
In her complaint, she sought protection and action against her husband and in-laws, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda