Judoka files dowry complaint against husband, in-laws
Coimbatore: A Karnataka-based woman judoka on Tuesday lodged a complaint of dowry harassment against her husband and in-laws residing here, police said.
Arpitha B M, hailing from Mandya in Karnataka, who has participated in three International Judo Championships, was married to a fashion designer from the city, Chaitresh Babu in November last and had given cash and ornaments worth over Rs 10 lakh as dowry and was residing at Vadavalli here since then, she said in a complaint to SP Sudhakar.
However, her husband started harassing her for more money and threatened to throw acid on her face if she failed to do so, the complaint said.
25-year-old Arpitha alleged her husband and in-laws used to lock her inside, whenever they went out and she did not have any freedom in the house, police said.
In her complaint, she sought protection and action against her husband and in-laws, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state