Judoka files dowry complaint against husband, in-laws
Coimbatore: A Karnataka-based woman judoka on Tuesday lodged a complaint of dowry harassment against her husband and in-laws residing here, police said.
Arpitha B M, hailing from Mandya in Karnataka, who has participated in three International Judo Championships, was married to a fashion designer from the city, Chaitresh Babu in November last and had given cash and ornaments worth over Rs 10 lakh as dowry and was residing at Vadavalli here since then, she said in a complaint to SP Sudhakar.
However, her husband started harassing her for more money and threatened to throw acid on her face if she failed to do so, the complaint said.
25-year-old Arpitha alleged her husband and in-laws used to lock her inside, whenever they went out and she did not have any freedom in the house, police said.
In her complaint, she sought protection and action against her husband and in-laws, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report