Judoka files dowry complaint against husband, in-laws
Coimbatore: A Karnataka-based woman judoka on Tuesday lodged a complaint of dowry harassment against her husband and in-laws residing here, police said.
Arpitha B M, hailing from Mandya in Karnataka, who has participated in three International Judo Championships, was married to a fashion designer from the city, Chaitresh Babu in November last and had given cash and ornaments worth over Rs 10 lakh as dowry and was residing at Vadavalli here since then, she said in a complaint to SP Sudhakar.
However, her husband started harassing her for more money and threatened to throw acid on her face if she failed to do so, the complaint said.
25-year-old Arpitha alleged her husband and in-laws used to lock her inside, whenever they went out and she did not have any freedom in the house, police said.
In her complaint, she sought protection and action against her husband and in-laws, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next