Judoka files dowry complaint against husband, in-laws
Coimbatore: A Karnataka-based woman judoka on Tuesday lodged a complaint of dowry harassment against her husband and in-laws residing here, police said.
Arpitha B M, hailing from Mandya in Karnataka, who has participated in three International Judo Championships, was married to a fashion designer from the city, Chaitresh Babu in November last and had given cash and ornaments worth over Rs 10 lakh as dowry and was residing at Vadavalli here since then, she said in a complaint to SP Sudhakar.
However, her husband started harassing her for more money and threatened to throw acid on her face if she failed to do so, the complaint said.
25-year-old Arpitha alleged her husband and in-laws used to lock her inside, whenever they went out and she did not have any freedom in the house, police said.
In her complaint, she sought protection and action against her husband and in-laws, police said.
- Brussels Airport departure hall reopens after deadly attacks
- West Bengal polls: Mamata Banerjee accuses police of unleashing terror at EC's behest
- PM Modi launches solar-powered boats in Varanasi, says 'govt schemes should strengthen people, not vote banks'
- India ready to clear $6.5 billion of Iran's oil dues ahead of Modi's visit
- ISIS developing Google-style driverless cars for attacks