K` taka: Oppn demands dismissal of BJP govt
Bangalore: Opposition Congress and JDS Monday demanded the immediate dismissal of the BJP government in Karnataka, questioning the method adopted in winning the trust vote.
Soon after the trust vote, Congress and JDS members along with disqualified MLAs came in a procession from the state Assembly to Raj Bhavan to meet Governor H R Bhardwaj.
Besides opposition MLAs, their partymen also gathered in front of Raj Bhavan and raised slogans.
"The trust vote moved by Chief Minister is illegal. He violated rules and regulations of the House. A government which had no majority wins the trust vote by voice vote
flouting all norms," JDS leader H D Kumaraswamy said.
"We will demand the dismissal of the BJP Government with immediate effect. The Centre and President Pratibha Patil should intervene", Kumaraswamy and KPCC President RV Deshpande demanded.
Meanwhile, Congress, JDS and BJP rebels are in the Raj Bhavan to call on the Governor and to display their combined strength.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok