K` taka: Oppn demands dismissal of BJP govt
Bangalore: Opposition Congress and JDS Monday demanded the immediate dismissal of the BJP government in Karnataka, questioning the method adopted in winning the trust vote.
Soon after the trust vote, Congress and JDS members along with disqualified MLAs came in a procession from the state Assembly to Raj Bhavan to meet Governor H R Bhardwaj.
Besides opposition MLAs, their partymen also gathered in front of Raj Bhavan and raised slogans.
"The trust vote moved by Chief Minister is illegal. He violated rules and regulations of the House. A government which had no majority wins the trust vote by voice vote
flouting all norms," JDS leader H D Kumaraswamy said.
"We will demand the dismissal of the BJP Government with immediate effect. The Centre and President Pratibha Patil should intervene", Kumaraswamy and KPCC President RV Deshpande demanded.
Meanwhile, Congress, JDS and BJP rebels are in the Raj Bhavan to call on the Governor and to display their combined strength.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra show on importance of 'Social media networking'
- Cambodia blocking ASEAN consensus on South China Sea: Diplomat
- Turkey can hold suspects without charge for up to 30 days
- Piramal Enterprises to raise Rs 300 cr via non-convertible debentures
- Gold, silver hit a soft patch as global cues turn weak
- Nokia all set to make comeback with 2 new Android 7.0 Nougat devices