K` taka: Oppn demands dismissal of BJP govt
Bangalore: Opposition Congress and JDS Monday demanded the immediate dismissal of the BJP government in Karnataka, questioning the method adopted in winning the trust vote.
Soon after the trust vote, Congress and JDS members along with disqualified MLAs came in a procession from the state Assembly to Raj Bhavan to meet Governor H R Bhardwaj.
Besides opposition MLAs, their partymen also gathered in front of Raj Bhavan and raised slogans.
"The trust vote moved by Chief Minister is illegal. He violated rules and regulations of the House. A government which had no majority wins the trust vote by voice vote
flouting all norms," JDS leader H D Kumaraswamy said.
"We will demand the dismissal of the BJP Government with immediate effect. The Centre and President Pratibha Patil should intervene", Kumaraswamy and KPCC President RV Deshpande demanded.
Meanwhile, Congress, JDS and BJP rebels are in the Raj Bhavan to call on the Governor and to display their combined strength.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clinton attacks Trump's outreach to black voters in new ad
- Colombia ceasefire will not stop government fighting crime: Official
- Amazon dabbling with 30-hour work weeks: Report
- Enrique's fan hid in dressing room for 12 hours
- Scorpene submarine data leak: 'Whistleblower' to hand over disk to 'government'