K` taka: Oppn demands dismissal of BJP govt
Bangalore: Opposition Congress and JDS Monday demanded the immediate dismissal of the BJP government in Karnataka, questioning the method adopted in winning the trust vote.
Soon after the trust vote, Congress and JDS members along with disqualified MLAs came in a procession from the state Assembly to Raj Bhavan to meet Governor H R Bhardwaj.
Besides opposition MLAs, their partymen also gathered in front of Raj Bhavan and raised slogans.
"The trust vote moved by Chief Minister is illegal. He violated rules and regulations of the House. A government which had no majority wins the trust vote by voice vote
flouting all norms," JDS leader H D Kumaraswamy said.
"We will demand the dismissal of the BJP Government with immediate effect. The Centre and President Pratibha Patil should intervene", Kumaraswamy and KPCC President RV Deshpande demanded.
Meanwhile, Congress, JDS and BJP rebels are in the Raj Bhavan to call on the Governor and to display their combined strength.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: From US-made bomb making tools to Quran; here's all unearthed from ISIS secret tunnels