K` taka: Oppn demands dismissal of BJP govt
Bangalore: Opposition Congress and JDS Monday demanded the immediate dismissal of the BJP government in Karnataka, questioning the method adopted in winning the trust vote.
Soon after the trust vote, Congress and JDS members along with disqualified MLAs came in a procession from the state Assembly to Raj Bhavan to meet Governor H R Bhardwaj.
Besides opposition MLAs, their partymen also gathered in front of Raj Bhavan and raised slogans.
"The trust vote moved by Chief Minister is illegal. He violated rules and regulations of the House. A government which had no majority wins the trust vote by voice vote
flouting all norms," JDS leader H D Kumaraswamy said.
"We will demand the dismissal of the BJP Government with immediate effect. The Centre and President Pratibha Patil should intervene", Kumaraswamy and KPCC President RV Deshpande demanded.
Meanwhile, Congress, JDS and BJP rebels are in the Raj Bhavan to call on the Governor and to display their combined strength.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city