`K` taka will abide by SC order on illegal mining`
Bellary: Karnataka Government would abide by
the Supreme Court decision on the recommendation of Central Empowered Committee to extend CBI probe into illegal mining in the state, Chief Minister D V Sadananda Gowda said Friday.
"I will abide by the Supreme Court decision," he told reporters when asked about CEC`s recommendation to the court yesterday for a CBI probe into illegal mining in Karnataka.
Gowda had earlier rejected demands for a CBI probe citing
the Lokayukta investigation into the illegal mining in the
Under the apex court ruling, the CBI is investigating into
illegal mining in Andhra Pradesh.
Former Karnataka minister and mining baron G Janardhana
Reddy and his brother-in-law Srinivasa Reddy have been
arrested by the CBI in this connection.
The SC-appointed CEC has extensively inspected mining
areas in parts of Karnataka earlier and opined that illegal
mining had taken place in the state.
Gowda in reply to a question said those facing allegations
of any sort cannot be inducted into the ministry, obviously
referring to the Reddy brothers and mining magnates.
On former minister B Sreeramulu, who has resigned from his
Assembly membership, he expressed hope he would withdraw it.
Sreeramulu, a business associate of the Reddy family,
submitted his resignation letter to Speaker K G Bopaiah in
person on September 4, but it was yet to be accepted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?