Kaiga N-plant was on Bangalore terror suspects’ radar
Bangalore: The interrogation of the 11 terror suspects with Lashkar-e-Toiba and HuJI links, who were arrested on Thursday from Bangalore and Hubli, has revealed that apart from politicians and journalists, the Kaiga nuclear plant and important naval installations were also on their radar.
A student from Hyderabad was also picked up today in connection with the same probe.
According to a DNA report, the terror module was aiming to target the Seabird naval base in Karwar.
It has also come to light that most of the instructions and directions to the module members were being given from handlers based in Saudi Arabia via Skype – Internet based telephony – to avoid coming under the scanner of intelligence agencies.
Among the arrested 11 persons were a journalist and a DRDO scientist named Aijaz Ahmed Mirza.
Mirza was working as junior research fellow at the Centre for Air Borne Systems in Bangalore, which is involved the Airborne Early Warning & Control programme.
Sources said Mirza had access to a number of systems, sub-systems and technologies designed, developed and tested at CABS. He could have transferred vital information on the project to the terror outfits, agencies fear.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional