Kaiga N-plant was on Bangalore terror suspects’ radar
Bangalore: The interrogation of the 11 terror suspects with Lashkar-e-Toiba and HuJI links, who were arrested on Thursday from Bangalore and Hubli, has revealed that apart from politicians and journalists, the Kaiga nuclear plant and important naval installations were also on their radar.
A student from Hyderabad was also picked up today in connection with the same probe.
According to a DNA report, the terror module was aiming to target the Seabird naval base in Karwar.
It has also come to light that most of the instructions and directions to the module members were being given from handlers based in Saudi Arabia via Skype – Internet based telephony – to avoid coming under the scanner of intelligence agencies.
Among the arrested 11 persons were a journalist and a DRDO scientist named Aijaz Ahmed Mirza.
Mirza was working as junior research fellow at the Centre for Air Borne Systems in Bangalore, which is involved the Airborne Early Warning & Control programme.
Sources said Mirza had access to a number of systems, sub-systems and technologies designed, developed and tested at CABS. He could have transferred vital information on the project to the terror outfits, agencies fear.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof