Kannada actress Ramya delivers maiden speech in Lok Sabha
New Delhi: Kannada actress Ramya Divya Spandana, who was elected from Karnataka in a bye-election in 2013, Friday made it sure that the Lok Sabha session does not end before she speaks in the House.
Delivering her maiden speech on the last day of the 15th Lok Sabha, the Mandya MP highlighted the usefulness of the green fuel like ethanol which is produced from the byproduct of sugarcane.
The 27-year-old Congress member said sugarcane farmers should be informed about viability of ethanol and they should be made aware as to how they can help produce the green fuel.
The newly elected MP said 44 per cent public transport in Brazil use ethanol as fuel and if India can produce ethanol in large scale, country`s fuel import bill will come down substantially.
Ramya also appreciated other members for welcoming her warmly when she was elected to the Lok Sabha for the first time last year.
Members cheered her speech by thumping desks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: Mulayam sacks Ram Gopal Yadav from party for six years; Shivpal says he is corrupt, involved with BJP