Kannada actress Ramya delivers maiden speech in Lok Sabha
New Delhi: Kannada actress Ramya Divya Spandana, who was elected from Karnataka in a bye-election in 2013, Friday made it sure that the Lok Sabha session does not end before she speaks in the House.
Delivering her maiden speech on the last day of the 15th Lok Sabha, the Mandya MP highlighted the usefulness of the green fuel like ethanol which is produced from the byproduct of sugarcane.
The 27-year-old Congress member said sugarcane farmers should be informed about viability of ethanol and they should be made aware as to how they can help produce the green fuel.
The newly elected MP said 44 per cent public transport in Brazil use ethanol as fuel and if India can produce ethanol in large scale, country`s fuel import bill will come down substantially.
Ramya also appreciated other members for welcoming her warmly when she was elected to the Lok Sabha for the first time last year.
Members cheered her speech by thumping desks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III