Kannada development authority`s plea to Kerala govt
Bangalore: Kannada Development Authority
on Friday appealed to Kerala Government to withdraw its circular
making learning of Malayalam the first language from first to
tenth standard in all schools in the border district of
The May 6 circular would cause hardship to students as
majority of those living in Kasargod are Kannadigas, KDA
Chairman `Mukyamantri` Chandru told reporters here.
In a federal system, states have to respect all
languages and Karnataka has been following this principle, he
It is not advisable to impose Malayalam on linguistic
minorities living in Kasargod, he said.
Chandru said he would request Chief Minister B S
Yeddyurappa and Minister for Primary and Secondary Education
Vishweshwara Hegde Kageri to write to their Kerala
counterparts seeking withdrawal of the circular.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'