Karanataka: 25 BJP men to state-owned boards, corporations
Bangalore: In an apparent placatory move to
thwart any further trouble after surviving in office in the
face of alleged land scams, Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa
on Friday appointed chiefs to 25 state-owned boards and
corporations accommodating partymen, including five MLAs.
Twenty BJP workers have also been appointed heads of
various boards and corporations. Most of the appointees are
from Lingayat community, solid vote base of BJP which had also
rallied behind Yeddyurappa during the recent crisis faced by
M Basavarajnaik has been appointed the Chairman of
Banjara Development Corporation, Siddu Savadi (Powerloom
Development Corporation), Jagadish Metgud (Mysore Minerals
Ltd), Kalakappa Bandi (KSRTC) and Chikkangoudar (Karnataka
Rural Infrastructure Development Corporation). All these five
are BJP MLAs.
The BJP central leadership had recently toyed with the idea
of removing Yeddyurappa after a series of charges on land
denotification against him surfaced but decided to let him
continue fearing adverse fallout, particularly ahead of the
coming local bodies elections.
Yeddyurappa has announced a judicial probe into the
charges levelled by JD(S).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA