Karanataka: 25 BJP men to state-owned boards, corporations
Bangalore: In an apparent placatory move to
thwart any further trouble after surviving in office in the
face of alleged land scams, Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa
on Friday appointed chiefs to 25 state-owned boards and
corporations accommodating partymen, including five MLAs.
Twenty BJP workers have also been appointed heads of
various boards and corporations. Most of the appointees are
from Lingayat community, solid vote base of BJP which had also
rallied behind Yeddyurappa during the recent crisis faced by
M Basavarajnaik has been appointed the Chairman of
Banjara Development Corporation, Siddu Savadi (Powerloom
Development Corporation), Jagadish Metgud (Mysore Minerals
Ltd), Kalakappa Bandi (KSRTC) and Chikkangoudar (Karnataka
Rural Infrastructure Development Corporation). All these five
are BJP MLAs.
The BJP central leadership had recently toyed with the idea
of removing Yeddyurappa after a series of charges on land
denotification against him surfaced but decided to let him
continue fearing adverse fallout, particularly ahead of the
coming local bodies elections.
Yeddyurappa has announced a judicial probe into the
charges levelled by JD(S).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption