Karanataka: 25 BJP men to state-owned boards, corporations
Bangalore: In an apparent placatory move to
thwart any further trouble after surviving in office in the
face of alleged land scams, Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa
on Friday appointed chiefs to 25 state-owned boards and
corporations accommodating partymen, including five MLAs.
Twenty BJP workers have also been appointed heads of
various boards and corporations. Most of the appointees are
from Lingayat community, solid vote base of BJP which had also
rallied behind Yeddyurappa during the recent crisis faced by
M Basavarajnaik has been appointed the Chairman of
Banjara Development Corporation, Siddu Savadi (Powerloom
Development Corporation), Jagadish Metgud (Mysore Minerals
Ltd), Kalakappa Bandi (KSRTC) and Chikkangoudar (Karnataka
Rural Infrastructure Development Corporation). All these five
are BJP MLAs.
The BJP central leadership had recently toyed with the idea
of removing Yeddyurappa after a series of charges on land
denotification against him surfaced but decided to let him
continue fearing adverse fallout, particularly ahead of the
coming local bodies elections.
Yeddyurappa has announced a judicial probe into the
charges levelled by JD(S).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India