Karna BJP president asked to appear before court in bandh call case
Bangalore: A local court on Wednesday issued summons
to BJP state unit President K S Eshwarappa to appear before it
on May 28 in connection with a call he gave for a state-wide
bandh on January 22.
Hearing a private complaint filed by advocate Dharmapal
Gowda, the Seventh Additional chief metropolitan Magistrate
Jayashankar directed Eshwarappa to appear before it on May 28,
failing which warrants would be issued.
The court had earlier asked Eshwarappa to appear before it
today, but the BJP leader failed to do so.
The BJP leader was reportedly in Puttaparthi to offer his
last respects to Sai Baba.
Eshwarappa had issued a bandh call after Karnataka
Governor H R Bhardwaj granted sanction to prosecute Chief
Minister B S Yeddyurappa over alleged denotification of lands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Lok Sabha Speaker should reconsider travelling in Jaguar: Congress
- Watch: After 67 years of concrete prison 'world's loneliest elephant' dies in Tokyo
- SunRisers Hyderabad enter maiden IPL final with four-wicket win over Gujarat Lions
- Over 80 percent of world's city dwellers breathe polluted air: WHO
- CBSE class 10 results 2016 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) CBSE 10th Result 2016, CBSE Class X Results, CBSE Class 10th X Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 PM