Karna CM happy over BSY’s bail
Bangalore: The ruling BJP in Karnataka erupted
in joy Tuesday after former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa was granted bail in two graft cases by the High Court.
Chief Minister D V Sadananda Gowda, who is camping in New
Delhi, expressed his happiness over his predecessor getting
"I am happy about it. I will meet Yeddyurappa, who is
our front ranking leader, in a couple of days and discuss with
him the political situation", Gowda, a known Yeddyurappa
loyalist, told reporters.
He said he would also seek Yeddyurappa`s guidance on
BJP state unit President K S Eswarappa too expressed joy over Yeddyurappa being granted bail.
"Yeddyurappa is one of the front ranking leaders of the
party. We will fight the coming Bellary bypolls under
collective leadership", he said.
Yeddyurappa will prove his innocence, Eswarappa, who
yesterday called on the former Chief Minister in jail, said.
State Minister for Agriculture, Umesh Katti, another
staunch Yeddyurappa supporter, said his leader would come
clean from the cases filed against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III