Karna CM happy over BSY’s bail
Bangalore: The ruling BJP in Karnataka erupted
in joy Tuesday after former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa was granted bail in two graft cases by the High Court.
Chief Minister D V Sadananda Gowda, who is camping in New
Delhi, expressed his happiness over his predecessor getting
"I am happy about it. I will meet Yeddyurappa, who is
our front ranking leader, in a couple of days and discuss with
him the political situation", Gowda, a known Yeddyurappa
loyalist, told reporters.
He said he would also seek Yeddyurappa`s guidance on
BJP state unit President K S Eswarappa too expressed joy over Yeddyurappa being granted bail.
"Yeddyurappa is one of the front ranking leaders of the
party. We will fight the coming Bellary bypolls under
collective leadership", he said.
Yeddyurappa will prove his innocence, Eswarappa, who
yesterday called on the former Chief Minister in jail, said.
State Minister for Agriculture, Umesh Katti, another
staunch Yeddyurappa supporter, said his leader would come
clean from the cases filed against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what