Karna CM to leave for China to take part in WEF meet
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah will leave for Dalian in China Monday to participate in the three-day annual meeting of the `New Champions of the World Economic Forum` from September 11.
The Chief Minister will be accompanied by a 14-member business delegation which will comprise industry captains from sectors including Information Technology and Textiles, Chief Minister`s media official D P Muralidhar said.
The delegation will include Suzlon Energy Chairman and Managing Director Tulsi Thanti.
According to the official tour itinerary released here, the Chief Minister will visit the International Metal Working Engineering and Production Company Limited, Sinovel Wind Energy Facility, Port and Agriculture Market at Dalian on September 11.
He will also participate at the Plenary of the World Economic Forum on the same day, Muralidhar said.
On September 12, Siddaramaiah will participate at the informal gathering of WEF leaders, he added.
Later in the day, he will also meet Malaysian Q1 group head Data Vijay Eshwaran, Spanish multinational Acciona chief international officer Carmen Becerril, Israel`s industrial R&D director-general Avi Hasson and South African industrial development corporation chairman Monhla Wilma Hlahla.
Siddaramaiah will also meet Haohe Engineering and Construction Limited CEO Kenneth Zhang Yixiao and Global Cargill (USA) Senior Platform Leader Stan Ryan at WEF venue, Muralidhar said.
The Chief Minister will meet World Economic Forum Executive Chairman Klaus Schwab and discuss the possibilities of expanding the activities of the forum in the state and visit Ascendas IT Park in the afternoon.
On September 13, Siddaramaiah will have one-to-one meeting with Wanda Group in the morning.
The Chief Minister will leave for Shanghai late in the evening and is scheduled to visit Shanghai Electrical Corporation and Huwai the next day, he said.
Siddaramaiah will leave for Delhi the same night and reach Bangalore on September 15.
The World Economic Forum invites states to participate and explore newer technologies and best practices across sectors and countries.
Karnataka has been invited since the state has been showing impressive progress in various sectors, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth