Karna declares three-day mourning for Bangarappa
Bangalore: The Karnataka government declared
a holiday on Monday and a three-day mourning as a mark of respect
to former Chief Minister S Bangarappa, who died early this
morning at a private hospital here.
Speaking to reporters after paying floral tributes to the
departed leader, Chief Minister D V Sadananda Gowda said the
last rites would be performed at Bangarappa`s native village
Kabatur in Shimoga district tomorrow with full state honours.
"The government has declared a holiday in Shimoga
district tomorrow also to facilitate people to participate in
the funeral of Bangarappa," he said.
Gowda also recalled Bangarappa`s services to the state
and his concern for the welfare of the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon