Karna declares three-day mourning for Bangarappa
Bangalore: The Karnataka government declared
a holiday on Monday and a three-day mourning as a mark of respect
to former Chief Minister S Bangarappa, who died early this
morning at a private hospital here.
Speaking to reporters after paying floral tributes to the
departed leader, Chief Minister D V Sadananda Gowda said the
last rites would be performed at Bangarappa`s native village
Kabatur in Shimoga district tomorrow with full state honours.
"The government has declared a holiday in Shimoga
district tomorrow also to facilitate people to participate in
the funeral of Bangarappa," he said.
Gowda also recalled Bangarappa`s services to the state
and his concern for the welfare of the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack