Karna declares three-day mourning for Bangarappa
Bangalore: The Karnataka government declared
a holiday on Monday and a three-day mourning as a mark of respect
to former Chief Minister S Bangarappa, who died early this
morning at a private hospital here.
Speaking to reporters after paying floral tributes to the
departed leader, Chief Minister D V Sadananda Gowda said the
last rites would be performed at Bangarappa`s native village
Kabatur in Shimoga district tomorrow with full state honours.
"The government has declared a holiday in Shimoga
district tomorrow also to facilitate people to participate in
the funeral of Bangarappa," he said.
Gowda also recalled Bangarappa`s services to the state
and his concern for the welfare of the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Gionee S6s smartphone for selfie lovers to be launched in India today
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu shine for India; USA top tally with 121 medals
- US Republican voters not happy with Donald Trump as presidential nominee: Poll
- Renault Kwid 1.0-litre to be launched in India today
- Sushant Singh Rajput, Shraddha Kapoor to come together! No, we aren’t talking about a film