Karna declares three-day mourning for Bangarappa
Bangalore: The Karnataka government declared
a holiday on Monday and a three-day mourning as a mark of respect
to former Chief Minister S Bangarappa, who died early this
morning at a private hospital here.
Speaking to reporters after paying floral tributes to the
departed leader, Chief Minister D V Sadananda Gowda said the
last rites would be performed at Bangarappa`s native village
Kabatur in Shimoga district tomorrow with full state honours.
"The government has declared a holiday in Shimoga
district tomorrow also to facilitate people to participate in
the funeral of Bangarappa," he said.
Gowda also recalled Bangarappa`s services to the state
and his concern for the welfare of the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere