Karna declares three-day mourning for Bangarappa
Bangalore: The Karnataka government declared
a holiday on Monday and a three-day mourning as a mark of respect
to former Chief Minister S Bangarappa, who died early this
morning at a private hospital here.
Speaking to reporters after paying floral tributes to the
departed leader, Chief Minister D V Sadananda Gowda said the
last rites would be performed at Bangarappa`s native village
Kabatur in Shimoga district tomorrow with full state honours.
"The government has declared a holiday in Shimoga
district tomorrow also to facilitate people to participate in
the funeral of Bangarappa," he said.
Gowda also recalled Bangarappa`s services to the state
and his concern for the welfare of the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police