Karna Govt seeks Central assistance for desilting works
Bijapur: Karnataka Government has submitted
a report to the Centre seeking financial assistance for
desilting of Dhoni and Benni rivers in the state, Minister for
Water Resources Basavaraj Bommai said on Tuesday.
The Centre has promised to consider the request, he told
mediapersons after inspecting various on-going irrigation
projects in the district.
He said the government has set 2012 as the deadline to
complete all the projects under implementation in the Krishna
River valley and initiate steps to prepare reports on projects
to be taken up to utilise its water share under "B" Scheme.
The state awaited the tribunal verdict on the sharing of
surplus Krishna river water, Bommai said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling