Karna Govt seeks Central assistance for desilting works
Bijapur: Karnataka Government has submitted
a report to the Centre seeking financial assistance for
desilting of Dhoni and Benni rivers in the state, Minister for
Water Resources Basavaraj Bommai said on Tuesday.
The Centre has promised to consider the request, he told
mediapersons after inspecting various on-going irrigation
projects in the district.
He said the government has set 2012 as the deadline to
complete all the projects under implementation in the Krishna
River valley and initiate steps to prepare reports on projects
to be taken up to utilise its water share under "B" Scheme.
The state awaited the tribunal verdict on the sharing of
surplus Krishna river water, Bommai said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional