Karna Govt seeks Central assistance for desilting works
Bijapur: Karnataka Government has submitted
a report to the Centre seeking financial assistance for
desilting of Dhoni and Benni rivers in the state, Minister for
Water Resources Basavaraj Bommai said on Tuesday.
The Centre has promised to consider the request, he told
mediapersons after inspecting various on-going irrigation
projects in the district.
He said the government has set 2012 as the deadline to
complete all the projects under implementation in the Krishna
River valley and initiate steps to prepare reports on projects
to be taken up to utilise its water share under "B" Scheme.
The state awaited the tribunal verdict on the sharing of
surplus Krishna river water, Bommai said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror