Karna Govt seeks Central assistance for desilting works
Bijapur: Karnataka Government has submitted
a report to the Centre seeking financial assistance for
desilting of Dhoni and Benni rivers in the state, Minister for
Water Resources Basavaraj Bommai said on Tuesday.
The Centre has promised to consider the request, he told
mediapersons after inspecting various on-going irrigation
projects in the district.
He said the government has set 2012 as the deadline to
complete all the projects under implementation in the Krishna
River valley and initiate steps to prepare reports on projects
to be taken up to utilise its water share under "B" Scheme.
The state awaited the tribunal verdict on the sharing of
surplus Krishna river water, Bommai said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!