Karna Guv studying Lokayukta report
Bangalore: Karnataka Governor H R
Bhardwaj is studying the Lokayukta report on illegal mining,
which has indicted Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa and
recommended his prosecution under the provisions of the
Prevention of Corruption Act.
"The governor is going through the report. He will
take a decision on future course of action after studying the
report," a source in Raj Bhavan said.
The source said the governor will wait and watch the
reaction of the government to the report, which was submitted
to Chief Secretary S V Ranaganth by the Lokayukta today.
Bhardwaj had earlier said he would act on the report
if his intervention was warranted.
After the report was submitted, Lokayukta Santosh
Hegde said the copy of the report had been sent to the
governor, as he is the competent authority to take action
against the chief minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray