Karna Guv studying Lokayukta report
Bangalore: Karnataka Governor H R
Bhardwaj is studying the Lokayukta report on illegal mining,
which has indicted Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa and
recommended his prosecution under the provisions of the
Prevention of Corruption Act.
"The governor is going through the report. He will
take a decision on future course of action after studying the
report," a source in Raj Bhavan said.
The source said the governor will wait and watch the
reaction of the government to the report, which was submitted
to Chief Secretary S V Ranaganth by the Lokayukta today.
Bhardwaj had earlier said he would act on the report
if his intervention was warranted.
After the report was submitted, Lokayukta Santosh
Hegde said the copy of the report had been sent to the
governor, as he is the competent authority to take action
against the chief minister.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know