Karna Guv studying Lokayukta report
Bangalore: Karnataka Governor H R
Bhardwaj is studying the Lokayukta report on illegal mining,
which has indicted Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa and
recommended his prosecution under the provisions of the
Prevention of Corruption Act.
"The governor is going through the report. He will
take a decision on future course of action after studying the
report," a source in Raj Bhavan said.
The source said the governor will wait and watch the
reaction of the government to the report, which was submitted
to Chief Secretary S V Ranaganth by the Lokayukta today.
Bhardwaj had earlier said he would act on the report
if his intervention was warranted.
After the report was submitted, Lokayukta Santosh
Hegde said the copy of the report had been sent to the
governor, as he is the competent authority to take action
against the chief minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!