Karna Guv studying request for prosecuting CM, Minister
Bangalore: Karnataka Governor H R Bhardwaj on Tuesday said he is looking into a petition seeking permission to prosecute Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa and a minister for alleged land scams, but termed the issue as "ticklish".
"It is under consideration. There are so many angles. It is a very ticklish issue", Bhardwaj told reporters here when asked about the petition to prosecute Yeddyurappa and Home Minister R Ashok filed by `Justice Lawyers Forum.`
"It is a very difficult thing. I have to study and complete it. There are various issues... whether I am legally competent to deal with it, secondly on merits... there are so many documents. All this will have to be studied and decision will then be taken without delay," he said.
Yeddyurappa has been facing allegations of illegal denotification of land belonging to Bangalore Development Authority. He has also been charged with allotment of plots under discretionary quota to his family members.
Ashok is facing charges relating to illegal denotification of land.
On the proposed BJP delegation to Delhi to demand his recall, the Governor said, "Everybody has the right to say what they like. There is freedom of speech. They are entitled to say what they want.I have no problems at this stage to go anywhere. So long as I am here I will do my duty," he said.
When asked about his meeting with JDS leaders, he said it was not only the JDS but also BJP ministers who met him yesterday.
"Many people meet me. It is their privilege that whenever anyone wants to come to Raj Bhavan, they are most welcome...You judge, why they come and why they go," Bhardwaj, who has often been at odds with the Yeddyurappa government on several issues, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row