Karna hold meeting on Krishna water dispute
Bangalore: A meeting of all political parties
was held here today to discuss the issue of sharing of Krishna
river water, which was before the Tribunal for the
adjudication of surplus water available under scheme-B.
The meeting was convened following the direction of
Krishna Water Dispute Tribunal (KWDT) to three riparian states
of Karnataka, Maharashtra and Andhra Pradesh to come out with
an amicable solution before it take its final decision.
The meeting presided by Yeddyurappa and attended by Water
Resources minister Basavaraj Bommai, Opposition leader in the
Karnataka assembly Sidharamaiah, JD(S)leader Bandeppa
Kashappanavar and others discussed the strategy to be adopted
to safeguard the interests of the state farmers.
Briefing reporters after the meeting Bommai said the
government had decided to appoint an expert comprising
scholars from the Indian Institute of Sciences (IISc) here
to go into details of the subject and furnish its suggestions
to the government.
Bommai said a similar exercise was undertaken by the other
two states and a common meeting of all the three states would
be held in the days to come.
Opposition leader Siddaramaiah said it was resolved in the
meeting that all steps to safeguard the interests of the
farmers and people of the Krishna basin region, would be
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram