Karna hold meeting on Krishna water dispute
Bangalore: A meeting of all political parties
was held here today to discuss the issue of sharing of Krishna
river water, which was before the Tribunal for the
adjudication of surplus water available under scheme-B.
The meeting was convened following the direction of
Krishna Water Dispute Tribunal (KWDT) to three riparian states
of Karnataka, Maharashtra and Andhra Pradesh to come out with
an amicable solution before it take its final decision.
The meeting presided by Yeddyurappa and attended by Water
Resources minister Basavaraj Bommai, Opposition leader in the
Karnataka assembly Sidharamaiah, JD(S)leader Bandeppa
Kashappanavar and others discussed the strategy to be adopted
to safeguard the interests of the state farmers.
Briefing reporters after the meeting Bommai said the
government had decided to appoint an expert comprising
scholars from the Indian Institute of Sciences (IISc) here
to go into details of the subject and furnish its suggestions
to the government.
Bommai said a similar exercise was undertaken by the other
two states and a common meeting of all the three states would
be held in the days to come.
Opposition leader Siddaramaiah said it was resolved in the
meeting that all steps to safeguard the interests of the
farmers and people of the Krishna basin region, would be
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'