Karna mining: ‘SC shd be allowed to work unhindered`
New Delhi: Union Minister Salmar Khurshid on Friday refused to make any direct statement on the Supreme Court order against former Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa, saying that the apex court should be allowed to function "unhindered by any kind of pressures from outside".
"I will not jump to any conclusions. It`s the Rule of Law that prevails in our country. Sometimes an order is palatable, sometimes its not palatable. The Rule of Law prevails. Thats all I can say," the Law Minister told reporters outside Parliament when asked about his reaction on Supreme Court`s direction that a CBI probe be launched against Yeddyurappa for his alleged role in illegal mining case in Karnataka.
"If the Supreme Court gives us comfort from time to time...It gives us orders, we expect to take the Rule of Law forward," he said.
"Sometimes, it gives us orders, we may feel personally that we are not happy with (it) but for the country and for institutions, both of the Supreme Court as well as every other institution of governance in our country...We consider it to be extremely valuable.
"...And one can only say let the Supreme Court continue unhindered by any kind of pressures from outside to take decisions which ultimately will be decisions that our country deserves," the Minister said.
In a setback to Yeddyurappa, a Supreme Court bench headed by Chief Justice S H Kapadia today directed the CBI to carry out the probe uninfluenced by the stature of the person and political clout and corporates involved in the case and file its report by August 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’