Karna minister accused of illegally acquiring Wakf property
Bangalore: A private complaint has been filed before the Special Lokayukta Court against Karnataka Wakf Minister Qamar-ul Islam accusing him of illegally acquiring Wakf properties in Gulbarga.
Complainant Tabrez Pasha submitted documents to the court alleging that Qamar-ul Islam illegally acquired a little over eight acres of Wakf land in Bandepura.
The land was granted to Khwaja Bande Nawaz Sharief Dargarh by the Wakf Board in 1974 and four years later, Qamar-ul Islam requested that the land to be granted to him, it said.
The land was illegally granted in Qamar-ul Islam`s favour and the minister converted it into a residential layout, selling each plot for a sum ranging from Rs six lakh to Rs twenty lakh, Pasha alleged in his complaint.
Pasha alleged Qamar-ul Islam misused his official position as member of Karnataka Wakf Board in 1998 to denotify the shrine land.
The land had been illegally occupied by some people against whom the Wakf Board was fighting a legal battle in Karnataka High Court.
Pasha said he filed a complaint with the Karnataka State Minorities Commission a few months ago and the Commission had, in turn, submitted a report to the government.
However, the government had failed to take any action.
Special Lokayukta Court Judge N K Sudhindra Rao has posted the case to July 18 for hearing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested