Karna minister accused of illegally acquiring Wakf property
Bangalore: A private complaint has been filed before the Special Lokayukta Court against Karnataka Wakf Minister Qamar-ul Islam accusing him of illegally acquiring Wakf properties in Gulbarga.
Complainant Tabrez Pasha submitted documents to the court alleging that Qamar-ul Islam illegally acquired a little over eight acres of Wakf land in Bandepura.
The land was granted to Khwaja Bande Nawaz Sharief Dargarh by the Wakf Board in 1974 and four years later, Qamar-ul Islam requested that the land to be granted to him, it said.
The land was illegally granted in Qamar-ul Islam`s favour and the minister converted it into a residential layout, selling each plot for a sum ranging from Rs six lakh to Rs twenty lakh, Pasha alleged in his complaint.
Pasha alleged Qamar-ul Islam misused his official position as member of Karnataka Wakf Board in 1998 to denotify the shrine land.
The land had been illegally occupied by some people against whom the Wakf Board was fighting a legal battle in Karnataka High Court.
Pasha said he filed a complaint with the Karnataka State Minorities Commission a few months ago and the Commission had, in turn, submitted a report to the government.
However, the government had failed to take any action.
Special Lokayukta Court Judge N K Sudhindra Rao has posted the case to July 18 for hearing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read