Karna police to probe case of Nityananda`s former disciple
Bangalore: Karnataka police will now probe
the case of former disciple of Swami Nityananda who leaked a
CD of sleaze acts of the self-styled godman and allegedly
facing threat to his life, a top police official said here.
"The case filed by Nithya Dharmananda alias Lenin was
transferred to Bidadi police station through Superintendent of
Police Ramanagaram district yesterday for re-registration of
the case," Additional Director General of Police (Law & Order)
A R Infant said.
The case has been transferred from Chennai to the
"All the papers including the FIR are in Tamil. It has to
be first translated to Kannada and then the case has to be
re-registered," Infant said.
Earlier this month, Lenin who is staying with a friend in
Chennai, met the city police commissioner and sought
protection from Nityananda`s disciples, who he alleged were
attempting to eliminate him.
Meanwhile, police said the veracity of sleaze CD leaked
out by Lenin has to be examined. "It needs to be found out
whether the CD was doctored or was genuine," police sources
"Even if it was genuine, it appears be a consensual sex.
What is the case that can be registered," the sources said.
To a question, police said "Nityananda is not at the
ashram. His whereabouts are not known".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!