Karna Police to seek Bhatkal`s custody in stadium blasts probe
Bangalore: Karnataka Police will seek custody of Abdul Samad Bhatkal, whose role is suspected in last month`s blasts outside a cricket stadium here, Home Minister VS Acharya said on Saturday.
Bhatkal, arrested from Mangalore recently by the Mumbai Anti-Terrorism Squad, was being interrogated by Pune Police in connection with the German Bakery bomb blast.
On completion of the probe, the state would seek his custody, Acharya told reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
At least 17 people were injured in two low-intensity bomb explosions outside the Chinnaswamy cricket stadium ahead of an IPL match in the city on April 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered