Karna Police to seek Bhatkal`s custody in stadium blasts probe
Bangalore: Karnataka Police will seek custody of Abdul Samad Bhatkal, whose role is suspected in last month`s blasts outside a cricket stadium here, Home Minister VS Acharya said on Saturday.
Bhatkal, arrested from Mangalore recently by the Mumbai Anti-Terrorism Squad, was being interrogated by Pune Police in connection with the German Bakery bomb blast.
On completion of the probe, the state would seek his custody, Acharya told reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
At least 17 people were injured in two low-intensity bomb explosions outside the Chinnaswamy cricket stadium ahead of an IPL match in the city on April 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY