Karna proposal to set up 7 RTI benches in state
Bijapur: Karnataka government proposes to
introduce seven benches in the state for hearing cases filed
before the state Information Commission, RTI Commissioner
Shekhar Sajjan said on Tuesday.
Speaking to reporters here, he such such benches are
functioning in Maharashtra and that the SIC, in the last five
years, has received 30,000 applications, of which 22,000
cases had been disposed of.
About Rs 30 lakh penalty has been recovered from more than
600 officials for failure to provide information, while 8,000
cases are still pending for disposal, Sajjan said.
He also highlighted the need to create public awareness on
Incharge, Deputy Commissioner Jiddimani who was present,
said the state Revenue department has submitted a Rs 350 crore
proposal to the government for establishing record rooms for
RTI related matters in taluks and districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- LinkedIn notifies data breach, alerts 400 mn members to stay safe
- Eating out, mobile bills, internet, travelling set to get costlier from June 1
- 7 hot tips to stay fit and healthy!
- Barack Obama lays wreath at Hiroshima Memorial, says death fell from the sky and the world changed
- North Korea slams Obama's 'childish' Hiroshima visit