Karna to set up special courts to try Lokayukta cases
Bangalore: Karnataka Government has decided to
set up special courts to try cases booked by Lokayukta against
corrupt officials, Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa told the
Legislative Council on Wednesday.
"This is the first step towards giving more powers to
Lokayukta. I will write to the state High Court Chief
Justice tomorrow requesting him to set up special courts", he
said, intervening during a debate on rural development issues
in the upper house.
Yeddyurappa concurred with M C Nanaiah (JDS) and other
members on the need to curb corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das