Karnataka: 10 girls rescued at Tirupur Rly station
Coimbatore: Ten teenaged girls from Karnataka were rescued from agents, when they alighted at Tirupur Railway Station, early today and handed over to police.
Based on tip-off from an NGO, police kept a vigil at the railway station since last night.
When the girls, aged around 14 to 16 years, alighted from Kurla Express from Bangalore, police enquired about their whereabouts and took two persons, accompanying them, into custody.
The girls were handed over to the North Police station and preliminary probe revealed that they were brought to be employed in knitwear units, police said.
Further investigations were on, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video