Karnataka: 10 girls rescued at Tirupur Rly station
Coimbatore: Ten teenaged girls from Karnataka were rescued from agents, when they alighted at Tirupur Railway Station, early today and handed over to police.
Based on tip-off from an NGO, police kept a vigil at the railway station since last night.
When the girls, aged around 14 to 16 years, alighted from Kurla Express from Bangalore, police enquired about their whereabouts and took two persons, accompanying them, into custody.
The girls were handed over to the North Police station and preliminary probe revealed that they were brought to be employed in knitwear units, police said.
Further investigations were on, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere