Karnataka affairs exposes BJP`s degeneration: Moil
Nagpur: Congress leader and Union Minister M Veerappa Moily on Friday said the recent political developments in BJP-ruled Karnataka have "badly exposed" the saffron outfit`s "degeneration".
"The recent political crisis in Karnataka has badly exposed the BJP as a whole as the party has degenerated and no one is accountable to the party there," he said.
"Former Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa himself selected his successor last year and then demanded his ouster even as the BJP`s national leadership watched helplessly," Moily, who was here for a function, told reporters.
Yeddyurappa first selected Sadanand Gowda and later wanted himself to be reinstated as chief minister. He then wanted Gowda to quit and replaced by his another loyalist Jagadish Shettar. All these show BJP in a poor light, the former Karnataka CM said.
"Yeddyurappa`s tenure was marred by corruption and caste politics. Karnataka, once politically stable and prosperous state, was now facing governance-related problems," he said.
Congress is strengthening its base in the southern state, where it hopes to do well in the next Assembly polls. In the last Assembly elections, BJP was short of majority but brought independents into its fold to shore up numbers, Moily said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price