Karnataka affairs exposes BJP`s degeneration: Moil
Nagpur: Congress leader and Union Minister M Veerappa Moily on Friday said the recent political developments in BJP-ruled Karnataka have "badly exposed" the saffron outfit`s "degeneration".
"The recent political crisis in Karnataka has badly exposed the BJP as a whole as the party has degenerated and no one is accountable to the party there," he said.
"Former Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa himself selected his successor last year and then demanded his ouster even as the BJP`s national leadership watched helplessly," Moily, who was here for a function, told reporters.
Yeddyurappa first selected Sadanand Gowda and later wanted himself to be reinstated as chief minister. He then wanted Gowda to quit and replaced by his another loyalist Jagadish Shettar. All these show BJP in a poor light, the former Karnataka CM said.
"Yeddyurappa`s tenure was marred by corruption and caste politics. Karnataka, once politically stable and prosperous state, was now facing governance-related problems," he said.
Congress is strengthening its base in the southern state, where it hopes to do well in the next Assembly polls. In the last Assembly elections, BJP was short of majority but brought independents into its fold to shore up numbers, Moily said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister