Karnataka all-party team to meet PM on Cauvery issue on Feb 18
Bangalore: An all-party delegation from Karnataka would meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Monday to apprise him of the state`s position on the Cauvery issue.
The announcement to take a delegation of floor leaders of both Houses of the state legislature to New Delhi was made by Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar in the Assembly today.
The BJP government has been facing fire from opposition Congress and JD-S for releasing Cauvery water in compliance with the February seven order of the Supreme Court.
The apex court had directed Karnataka to immediately release 2.44 TMC feet of Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu whose plea for 12 TMC ft was refused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Flight 370: With search suspended, a cold-case file awaits
- Arvind Kejriwal's ex-principal secretary Rajendra Kumar granted bail
- 54 ISIS supporters arrested: Governmnet
- Kumar Sangakkara backs Muttiah Muralitharan, slams Sri Lanka Cricket for lashing out at off-spinner
- Michelle brings Democrats to tears in moving convention speech