Karnataka Assembly passes Citizens` Charter Bill
Bangalore: In a major imitative to ensure
certain services to citizens, the Karnataka Assembly on Tuesday
unanimously passed `The Karnataka Guarantee Of Services to
Citizens` Bill, 2011`.
The bill seeks to provide guarantee for 152 services in
11 departments, Law and Parliamentary affairs Minister S
Suresh Kumar, who piloted the legislation for consideration
and passage, said.
The departments coming under the Bill`s purview are the
Urban Development Department, Bangalore Water Supply and
Sewerage Board, Municipal Corporations, Revenue, Home,
Education, Health and Family Welfare, Rural Development and
Panchayat Raj, among others.
Among other provisions, the government has specified
time-limit for issue of birth and death certificates, sanction
of building plan in sites upto 2,400 square feet for single
residential dwellings, permission for issue of new or
additional water connection and issue of driving licences.
The bill also provides for payment of compensation at the
rate of Rs 20 per day by the designated officer or his
subordinate public servant who fails to deliver citizen
related services in the stipulated time to the applicant.
Kumar said the legislation offers more services compared
to Delhi which provides 82 services from 11 departments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened