Karnataka Assembly pays homage to ex-guv Khurshed Alam Khan
Bangalore: Karnataka Legislative Assembly on Monday condoled the death of former state governor Khurshed Alam Khan.
As soon as the House met for the day, Speaker Kagodu Thimmappa read out a condolence message.
Chief Minister Siddaramaiah, BJP leader Jagadish Shettar, KJP leader B S Yeddyurappa and JD-S deputy floor leader H K Kumaraswamy recalled the contribution of Khan, who served as Karnataka Governor from 1991 to 1999. Prior to that, he was governor of Goa from 1989 to 1991.
The House observed a minute`s silence as a mark of respect for the departed former Union Minister, who is the father of External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid.
Khan passed away at a Delhi hospital on Saturday at the age of 95 following heart ailment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda