Karnataka Assembly pays homage to ex-guv Khurshed Alam Khan
Bangalore: Karnataka Legislative Assembly on Monday condoled the death of former state governor Khurshed Alam Khan.
As soon as the House met for the day, Speaker Kagodu Thimmappa read out a condolence message.
Chief Minister Siddaramaiah, BJP leader Jagadish Shettar, KJP leader B S Yeddyurappa and JD-S deputy floor leader H K Kumaraswamy recalled the contribution of Khan, who served as Karnataka Governor from 1991 to 1999. Prior to that, he was governor of Goa from 1989 to 1991.
The House observed a minute`s silence as a mark of respect for the departed former Union Minister, who is the father of External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid.
Khan passed away at a Delhi hospital on Saturday at the age of 95 following heart ailment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof