Karnataka Assembly pays rich tribute to Acharya
Bangalore: Karnataka Assembly on Tuesday paid rich
tributes to former minister V S Acharya who passed away last
month due to cardiac arrest.
Chief Minister D V Sadananda Gowda said Acharya was a
gentleman politician and done yoeman service to make Udupi
municipal corporation as model civic bodies in the country.
Gowda said Acharya was helpful in preparing state budgets
and BJP manifestos.
Praising Acharya as a leader of integrity and sincerity,
Opposition Leader in Assembly Siddaramaiah said Acharya`s
death was great loss not only to the state, but also to the
BJP as it has lost one of the few wise politicians. "He was
useful, no matter which party ruled," he said.
Rural Development and Panchayat Raj Minister Jagadish
Shettar said he had no enemies and never saw him getting angry
anytime, especially during House proceedings.
Acharya collapsed while attending a function and died due
to massive heart attack on February 14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Triple treble: How Usain Bolt stormed to another set of gold medals at Rio Olympics – VIDEO
- Two reward-carrying women Naxals arrested; another surrenders
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Vs Redmi Note 3: Check out the differences
- Attack on American University in Afghanistan leaves 13 dead
- Confirmed! Ranveer Singh to play Khilji in 'Padmavati' opposite Deepika Padukone—Deets inside