Karnataka Assembly pays rich tribute to Acharya
Bangalore: Karnataka Assembly on Tuesday paid rich
tributes to former minister V S Acharya who passed away last
month due to cardiac arrest.
Chief Minister D V Sadananda Gowda said Acharya was a
gentleman politician and done yoeman service to make Udupi
municipal corporation as model civic bodies in the country.
Gowda said Acharya was helpful in preparing state budgets
and BJP manifestos.
Praising Acharya as a leader of integrity and sincerity,
Opposition Leader in Assembly Siddaramaiah said Acharya`s
death was great loss not only to the state, but also to the
BJP as it has lost one of the few wise politicians. "He was
useful, no matter which party ruled," he said.
Rural Development and Panchayat Raj Minister Jagadish
Shettar said he had no enemies and never saw him getting angry
anytime, especially during House proceedings.
Acharya collapsed while attending a function and died due
to massive heart attack on February 14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISRO to launch weather satellite next month
- WATCH: Mohammad Amir dismisses England's Alex Hales with an absolute peach of a delivery
- In Indonesia, eat sumptuous food served in a commode literally! – Must Watch
- Unbelievable! This son of a billionaire works as aam aadmi
- Fresh clashes in Kashmir; one youth killed in firing, death toll rises to 45