Karnataka Assembly pays rich tribute to Acharya
Bangalore: Karnataka Assembly on Tuesday paid rich
tributes to former minister V S Acharya who passed away last
month due to cardiac arrest.
Chief Minister D V Sadananda Gowda said Acharya was a
gentleman politician and done yoeman service to make Udupi
municipal corporation as model civic bodies in the country.
Gowda said Acharya was helpful in preparing state budgets
and BJP manifestos.
Praising Acharya as a leader of integrity and sincerity,
Opposition Leader in Assembly Siddaramaiah said Acharya`s
death was great loss not only to the state, but also to the
BJP as it has lost one of the few wise politicians. "He was
useful, no matter which party ruled," he said.
Rural Development and Panchayat Raj Minister Jagadish
Shettar said he had no enemies and never saw him getting angry
anytime, especially during House proceedings.
Acharya collapsed while attending a function and died due
to massive heart attack on February 14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside