Karnataka: BJP MLAs to stage dharna before Raj Bhavan
Bangalore: Intensifying its attack on
Governor H R Bhardwaj, legislators of the ruling BJP in
Karnataka on Monday decided to stage a demonstration before Raj
Bhavan here tomorrow seeking his recall.
The protest is to give vent to the ire of the BJP
against Bhardwaj for giving sanction to prosecute Chief
Minister B S Yeddyurappa on allegations of corruption, party
BJP will hold its legislature party meeting at a hotel
located near Raj Bhavan in the morning and later stage the
protest, they said.
A BJP delegation called on President Pratibha Patil
and demanded Bhardwaj`s recall accusing him of acting in a
Bhardwaj on January 21 gave his sanction for
prosecution of Yeddyurappa on petitions by two lawyers, an
action that aggravated the hostility between the governor and
the ruling party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital