Karnataka: BJP MLAs to stage dharna before Raj Bhavan
Bangalore: Intensifying its attack on
Governor H R Bhardwaj, legislators of the ruling BJP in
Karnataka on Monday decided to stage a demonstration before Raj
Bhavan here tomorrow seeking his recall.
The protest is to give vent to the ire of the BJP
against Bhardwaj for giving sanction to prosecute Chief
Minister B S Yeddyurappa on allegations of corruption, party
BJP will hold its legislature party meeting at a hotel
located near Raj Bhavan in the morning and later stage the
protest, they said.
A BJP delegation called on President Pratibha Patil
and demanded Bhardwaj`s recall accusing him of acting in a
Bhardwaj on January 21 gave his sanction for
prosecution of Yeddyurappa on petitions by two lawyers, an
action that aggravated the hostility between the governor and
the ruling party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test