Karnataka: BJP MLAs to stage dharna before Raj Bhavan
Bangalore: Intensifying its attack on
Governor H R Bhardwaj, legislators of the ruling BJP in
Karnataka on Monday decided to stage a demonstration before Raj
Bhavan here tomorrow seeking his recall.
The protest is to give vent to the ire of the BJP
against Bhardwaj for giving sanction to prosecute Chief
Minister B S Yeddyurappa on allegations of corruption, party
BJP will hold its legislature party meeting at a hotel
located near Raj Bhavan in the morning and later stage the
protest, they said.
A BJP delegation called on President Pratibha Patil
and demanded Bhardwaj`s recall accusing him of acting in a
Bhardwaj on January 21 gave his sanction for
prosecution of Yeddyurappa on petitions by two lawyers, an
action that aggravated the hostility between the governor and
the ruling party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them