Karnataka: BJP to issue notice to MLA Manappa Vajjal
Bangalore: Ruling BJP in Karnataka on Friday said it has decided to serve a show cause notice to its Lingasagur MLA Manappa Vajjal, who was absent during the trust vote sought by Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa despite the party issuing a whip.
State unit party spokesman Ayanur Manjunath told
reporters here that BJP would seek explanation from Vajjal on
"There were some shortcomings in the party hitherto.
Efforts would be made to rectify them and ensure the
continuance of the government," Manjnath said, but did not
blame anyone for the rebellion that engulfed the government
and the crisis it faced on account of this.
He reiterated BJP`s demand for recall of Governor H R
Bhardwaj alleging that under his regime the Raj Bhavan had
turned into the offices of opposition Congress and JDS.
Claiming that Congress and JDS leaders spent hours
inside the Raj Bhavan yesterday after Yeddyurappa won the vote
of confidence, he wanted to know "what they were doing".
Yeddyurappa`s confidence motion was passed with 106
MLAs voting in favour and 100 opposing it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what