Karnataka: BJP to seek Vajjal`s disqualification
Bangalore: The ruling BJP in Karnataka on Thursday
said it would seek disqualification of its MLA from Lingasagur
Manappa Vajjal for defying the party whip and abstaining from
the Assembly during the trust vote sought by Chief Minister
B S Yeddyuurappa.
An application would be filed before the Speaker K G
Bopaiah soon seeking Vajjal`s disqualification, BJP Chief Whip
D N Jeevaraj told reporters after Yeddyurappa won the motion
The BJP has already secured disqualification of 11 of its
rebel MLAs, who have approached the High Court challenging the
Vajjal seemed to have been roped in by JD-S.
Sources in JD-S said the party was also contemplating a
similar action against its Chennapatna MLA, M C Ashwath, who
also remained absent. BJP is suspected to behind his absence
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars