Karnataka: BJP to seek Vajjal`s disqualification
Bangalore: The ruling BJP in Karnataka on Thursday
said it would seek disqualification of its MLA from Lingasagur
Manappa Vajjal for defying the party whip and abstaining from
the Assembly during the trust vote sought by Chief Minister
B S Yeddyuurappa.
An application would be filed before the Speaker K G
Bopaiah soon seeking Vajjal`s disqualification, BJP Chief Whip
D N Jeevaraj told reporters after Yeddyurappa won the motion
The BJP has already secured disqualification of 11 of its
rebel MLAs, who have approached the High Court challenging the
Vajjal seemed to have been roped in by JD-S.
Sources in JD-S said the party was also contemplating a
similar action against its Chennapatna MLA, M C Ashwath, who
also remained absent. BJP is suspected to behind his absence
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore