Karnataka: BJP to seek Vajjal`s disqualification
Bangalore: The ruling BJP in Karnataka on Thursday
said it would seek disqualification of its MLA from Lingasagur
Manappa Vajjal for defying the party whip and abstaining from
the Assembly during the trust vote sought by Chief Minister
B S Yeddyuurappa.
An application would be filed before the Speaker K G
Bopaiah soon seeking Vajjal`s disqualification, BJP Chief Whip
D N Jeevaraj told reporters after Yeddyurappa won the motion
The BJP has already secured disqualification of 11 of its
rebel MLAs, who have approached the High Court challenging the
Vajjal seemed to have been roped in by JD-S.
Sources in JD-S said the party was also contemplating a
similar action against its Chennapatna MLA, M C Ashwath, who
also remained absent. BJP is suspected to behind his absence
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India