Karnataka bound buses stopped at TN borders
Krishnagiri: With Kannada outfits observing a `city bandh` in Bangalore today, buses plying to Karnataka have been stopped at Hosur on the Tamil Nadu border to prevent any untoward incidents, officials said.
Inter-State buses have also been stopped at Hosur and it would be operated from Hosur in evening. All private buses, including omni buses, stopped services from Hosur this morning, officials added.
As the buses were stopped at Hosur, several passengers hired taxis to continue their travel into Bangalore.
Police are maintaining strict vigil.
The outfits are protesting what they term as rising incidents of sexual offences against women and children in Karnataka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre