Karnataka Budget 2013 to be presented today
Bangalore: Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar will present the Karnataka Budget 2013-14 in the legislative Assembly on Friday.
With election round the corner, the budget is likely to appear as a poll manifesto.
Shettar had already told that the budget would focus on overall development of the state with emphasis on agriculture, rural development and welfare of the downtrodden.
The state goes to polls in April-May 2013 and the BJP has been putting up a brave front despite losing 14 of its MLAs to the BS Yeddyurappa camp.
Meanwhile, Karnataka`s economy is expected to grow at 5.9 percent this fiscal on strong growth in the services sector, according to the state`s Economic Survey released on Thursday.
The survey estimates that the state`s economy is showing encouraging trends due to a strong service sector which grew by 8.9 percent in 2012-13.
With ANI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?