Karnataka Budget 2013 to be presented today
Bangalore: Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar will present the Karnataka Budget 2013-14 in the legislative Assembly on Friday.
With election round the corner, the budget is likely to appear as a poll manifesto.
Shettar had already told that the budget would focus on overall development of the state with emphasis on agriculture, rural development and welfare of the downtrodden.
The state goes to polls in April-May 2013 and the BJP has been putting up a brave front despite losing 14 of its MLAs to the BS Yeddyurappa camp.
Meanwhile, Karnataka`s economy is expected to grow at 5.9 percent this fiscal on strong growth in the services sector, according to the state`s Economic Survey released on Thursday.
The survey estimates that the state`s economy is showing encouraging trends due to a strong service sector which grew by 8.9 percent in 2012-13.
With ANI inputs
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?