Karnataka Budget 2013 to be presented today
Bangalore: Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar will present the Karnataka Budget 2013-14 in the legislative Assembly on Friday.
With election round the corner, the budget is likely to appear as a poll manifesto.
Shettar had already told that the budget would focus on overall development of the state with emphasis on agriculture, rural development and welfare of the downtrodden.
The state goes to polls in April-May 2013 and the BJP has been putting up a brave front despite losing 14 of its MLAs to the BS Yeddyurappa camp.
Meanwhile, Karnataka`s economy is expected to grow at 5.9 percent this fiscal on strong growth in the services sector, according to the state`s Economic Survey released on Thursday.
The survey estimates that the state`s economy is showing encouraging trends due to a strong service sector which grew by 8.9 percent in 2012-13.
With ANI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days