Karnataka: Buses damaged in stone-pelting as crowd goes on rampage
Kolar (Karnataka): Seven buses of Karnataka
government-owned transport corporation were damaged in stone
pelting by an irate crowd protesting the death of a student
who was run over by a bus near Chintamani cross, about eight
km from here on Thursday.
Protests erupted after the mishap in which Venkatesh(20)
of the Hemadri College was killed, police said.
The crowd also blocked the road demanding that adequate
compensation be paid to the victim`s family and one of its
members given job by the Government.
Police foiled the attempts of the crowd to torch some of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?