Karnataka: Buses damaged in stone-pelting as crowd goes on rampage
Kolar (Karnataka): Seven buses of Karnataka
government-owned transport corporation were damaged in stone
pelting by an irate crowd protesting the death of a student
who was run over by a bus near Chintamani cross, about eight
km from here on Thursday.
Protests erupted after the mishap in which Venkatesh(20)
of the Hemadri College was killed, police said.
The crowd also blocked the road demanding that adequate
compensation be paid to the victim`s family and one of its
members given job by the Government.
Police foiled the attempts of the crowd to torch some of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon