Karnataka: Buses damaged in stone-pelting as crowd goes on rampage
Kolar (Karnataka): Seven buses of Karnataka
government-owned transport corporation were damaged in stone
pelting by an irate crowd protesting the death of a student
who was run over by a bus near Chintamani cross, about eight
km from here on Thursday.
Protests erupted after the mishap in which Venkatesh(20)
of the Hemadri College was killed, police said.
The crowd also blocked the road demanding that adequate
compensation be paid to the victim`s family and one of its
members given job by the Government.
Police foiled the attempts of the crowd to torch some of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back