Karnataka: Buses damaged in stone-pelting as crowd goes on rampage
Kolar (Karnataka): Seven buses of Karnataka
government-owned transport corporation were damaged in stone
pelting by an irate crowd protesting the death of a student
who was run over by a bus near Chintamani cross, about eight
km from here on Thursday.
Protests erupted after the mishap in which Venkatesh(20)
of the Hemadri College was killed, police said.
The crowd also blocked the road demanding that adequate
compensation be paid to the victim`s family and one of its
members given job by the Government.
Police foiled the attempts of the crowd to torch some of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cristiano Ronaldo might win the Ballon d'Or but Lionel Messi is the best: Luis Suarez
- Rape was there since earth's creation: Haryana BJP women's cell chief
- Ugly spat in Parliament - Renuka Chowdhury calls Harsimrat Kaur 'Kachra': Know what happened
- Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for rail passengers in less than Rs 2
- India may approach Britain on bringing back Kohinoor