Karnataka buses to be equipped with CCTV, GPS
Bangalore: In the backdrop of New Delhi rape case, Karnataka Deputy Chief Minister and Transport Minister R Ashok on Sunday said as many as 6,000 public transport buses will be equipped with CCTVs and GPS to provide protection to travelling women.
"The state government has decided to install CCTVs and GPS in 6,000 public transport buses to protect women travelling in these vehicles," he told reporters after inaugurating new fleet of city buses.
CCTVs would function as the eyes of the police to nab culprits indulging in crime against women travelling in public transport buses, Ashok said.
The video footage of the CCTVs will be monitored 24/7, he added.
Ashok also urged private bus and lorry owners to install CCTVs and GPS.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years