Karnataka by-poll to be held on Aug 22
New Delhi: By-election to a Karnataka Legislative Council seat will be held on August 22, the Election Commission has announced.
The Mysore Local Authorities` seat fell vacant when BJP MLC K R Mallikarjunappa resigned on March 20 after he quit the party and joined the KJP.
His tenure was to end on January 5, 2016.
While the notification for the by-poll will be issued on July 29, the last date of making nominations is August 5 and after scrutiny the next day, the last date for withdrawal of candidature is August 8.
Counting will take place on August 26.
The EC said the provisions of the Model Code of Conduct for Council elections will come into force with immediate effect in the district(s) which the constituency comprise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VVIP chopper scam: RSS mouthpiece dares Congress to reveal who's 'Signora Gandhi' mentioned in Italian court
- EPL: Anthony Martial strikes as Manchester United make Leicester City wait for title
- PM Modi visits Varanasi, launches 'e-boats' at Assi Ghat: In Pics
- Minor who shot himself while taking 'selfie' dies
- Depressed oldies can be at dementia risk