Karnataka CM creating misunderstanding in JDS: Kumaraswamy
Bangalore: JDS leader HD Kumaraswamy on Monday accused Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah of trying to create misunderstanding within his party (JDS) and asserted that none of his party MLAs would leave the organisation.
"...My firm belief is that no one will leave the party; sometimes our MLAs meet the Chief Minister regarding work related to their constituency, but he is showing his narrow minded attitude by misusing it," Kumaraswamy said while addressing the JDS workers state level conference here.
He said "he (Siddaramaiah) is trying to create misunderstanding among us by giving out some `reliable source` based information to the media about the MLAs meeting with him (indicating they would quit JDS)."
MLAs meeting the Chief Minister for their constituency related work is being misrepresented, and this is causing confusion among party workers, he said.
Kumaraswamy`s comment comes just a day after former Prime Minister and JDS supremo H D Deve Gowda said those party leaders willing to support Congress in the August 21 Assembly bypoll to Shikaripura constituency could either join any of the two national parties or remain in JDS and work to strengthen it.
Speculation is rife that three JDS leaders, Madhu Bangarappa, Chelavurayaswamy, and Zameer Ahmed Khan, have been cosying up to the Congress.
Also, Siddaramaiah had claimed on August 13 that local JDS leaders had expressed willingness to support Congress in the Shikaripura bypoll to unseat BJP which has fielded former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa`s son B Y Raghavendra.
At the conference, JDS workers demanded that Kumaraswamy be made the state President to strengthen the party in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray