Karnataka CM favours awarding death sentence for rapists
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar on Sunday said he was in favour of death sentence for rapists and enacting a law in this regard.
"I am in favour of death sentence for rapists and enacting a law in this regard," he told reporters on the sidelines of the Diamond Jubilee Celebrations of Karnataka Journalists` Cooperative Society Limited (KJCS) here.
The BJP-ruled government in the state will give all its cooperation for enactment of a legislation for awarding death sentence to rapists, Shettar said.
Addressing the function, Shettar promised to give Rs 10 crore loan for KJCS and another Rs 5 crore for health scheme for KJCS members. "I would try my best to get it done before the budget," he added.
On the occasion, Deputy Chief Minister R Ashok inaugurated KJCS website and New Year calendar.
Deputy Chief Minister KS Eshwarappa showered praise on the contributions made by journalists during Emergency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- Khans of Bollywood hungry to do different roles: Shoojit Sircar
- Government may advance Parliament session to get GST laws approved
- Terrorist Burhan Wani's father stayed at Sri Sri Ravi Shankar's Art of Living ashram for 2 days? Here is why
- Disappointed KL Rahul keeping spirits high despite unfortunate loss in first T20I
- Huge controversy breaks out as Mangaluru college bans hijab, beard; protests on