Karnataka CM favours awarding death sentence for rapists
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar on Sunday said he was in favour of death sentence for rapists and enacting a law in this regard.
"I am in favour of death sentence for rapists and enacting a law in this regard," he told reporters on the sidelines of the Diamond Jubilee Celebrations of Karnataka Journalists` Cooperative Society Limited (KJCS) here.
The BJP-ruled government in the state will give all its cooperation for enactment of a legislation for awarding death sentence to rapists, Shettar said.
Addressing the function, Shettar promised to give Rs 10 crore loan for KJCS and another Rs 5 crore for health scheme for KJCS members. "I would try my best to get it done before the budget," he added.
On the occasion, Deputy Chief Minister R Ashok inaugurated KJCS website and New Year calendar.
Deputy Chief Minister KS Eshwarappa showered praise on the contributions made by journalists during Emergency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security agencies have advised PM Modi to speak from within bulletproof enclosure on Independence Day: Report
- US women lawmakers back Hillary Clinton as next US President
- South Sudan on brink of an abyss: UN chief
- Freeze frame! ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth strikes a pose with son-in-law Dhanush
- Waterlogging in Gurgaon hits Dehi-Jaipur route