Karnataka CM favours awarding death sentence for rapists
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar on Sunday said he was in favour of death sentence for rapists and enacting a law in this regard.
"I am in favour of death sentence for rapists and enacting a law in this regard," he told reporters on the sidelines of the Diamond Jubilee Celebrations of Karnataka Journalists` Cooperative Society Limited (KJCS) here.
The BJP-ruled government in the state will give all its cooperation for enactment of a legislation for awarding death sentence to rapists, Shettar said.
Addressing the function, Shettar promised to give Rs 10 crore loan for KJCS and another Rs 5 crore for health scheme for KJCS members. "I would try my best to get it done before the budget," he added.
On the occasion, Deputy Chief Minister R Ashok inaugurated KJCS website and New Year calendar.
Deputy Chief Minister KS Eshwarappa showered praise on the contributions made by journalists during Emergency.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed