Karnataka CM favours awarding death sentence for rapists
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar on Sunday said he was in favour of death sentence for rapists and enacting a law in this regard.
"I am in favour of death sentence for rapists and enacting a law in this regard," he told reporters on the sidelines of the Diamond Jubilee Celebrations of Karnataka Journalists` Cooperative Society Limited (KJCS) here.
The BJP-ruled government in the state will give all its cooperation for enactment of a legislation for awarding death sentence to rapists, Shettar said.
Addressing the function, Shettar promised to give Rs 10 crore loan for KJCS and another Rs 5 crore for health scheme for KJCS members. "I would try my best to get it done before the budget," he added.
On the occasion, Deputy Chief Minister R Ashok inaugurated KJCS website and New Year calendar.
Deputy Chief Minister KS Eshwarappa showered praise on the contributions made by journalists during Emergency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!