Karnataka CM has no moral right to continue in office: JDS
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister B S
Yeddyurappa has no moral right to continue in office after
what Lok Ayukta N Santosh Hegde had to say against the state
government, JDS leader H D Kumaraswamy said on Saturday.
Hegde`s public outbursts are in a way "verdict" against
the government by the Lok Ayukta institution, Kumaraswamy said
at a meet-the-press programme, organised by the Press Club of
Bangalore and Bangalore Reporters` Guild.
Hegde, a former Supreme Court judge known for his fight
against corruption, announced his resignation on June 23
criticising the BJP government for reneging on its electoral
promise of arming the institution with more powers after Chief
Minister B S Yeddyurappa remained non-committal on the issue.
On the recent global investors` meet organised by the
state government that attracted investment proposals to the
tune of nearly Rs four lakh crore, Kumaraswamy said Rs 2.5
lakh crore of that proposed investment was in the steel sector
with private firms eyeing mining areas in and around Bellary
Expressing scepticism over the proposed investment
actually flowing into the State, he asked: "From where will
you provide water and power (to the proposed industries)?
There are many problems, it`s not easy."
Kumaraswamy recalled two global investors meet had been
organised during S M Krishna`s regime, and his (Kumaraswamy`s)
own goverment routinely cleared proposals envisaging tens of
thousands of crores of rupees.
On the Centre hiking fuel prices, he indicated that as
far as petroleum products are concerned, prices were ruled by
fluctuations in the international market and the government
was trying to reduce financial (subsidy) burden but maintained
that his party was opposed to the move with regard to LPG and
kerosene, which are used by the common man.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe