Karnataka CM has no moral right to continue in office: JDS
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister B S
Yeddyurappa has no moral right to continue in office after
what Lok Ayukta N Santosh Hegde had to say against the state
government, JDS leader H D Kumaraswamy said on Saturday.
Hegde`s public outbursts are in a way "verdict" against
the government by the Lok Ayukta institution, Kumaraswamy said
at a meet-the-press programme, organised by the Press Club of
Bangalore and Bangalore Reporters` Guild.
Hegde, a former Supreme Court judge known for his fight
against corruption, announced his resignation on June 23
criticising the BJP government for reneging on its electoral
promise of arming the institution with more powers after Chief
Minister B S Yeddyurappa remained non-committal on the issue.
On the recent global investors` meet organised by the
state government that attracted investment proposals to the
tune of nearly Rs four lakh crore, Kumaraswamy said Rs 2.5
lakh crore of that proposed investment was in the steel sector
with private firms eyeing mining areas in and around Bellary
Expressing scepticism over the proposed investment
actually flowing into the State, he asked: "From where will
you provide water and power (to the proposed industries)?
There are many problems, it`s not easy."
Kumaraswamy recalled two global investors meet had been
organised during S M Krishna`s regime, and his (Kumaraswamy`s)
own goverment routinely cleared proposals envisaging tens of
thousands of crores of rupees.
On the Centre hiking fuel prices, he indicated that as
far as petroleum products are concerned, prices were ruled by
fluctuations in the international market and the government
was trying to reduce financial (subsidy) burden but maintained
that his party was opposed to the move with regard to LPG and
kerosene, which are used by the common man.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'