Karnataka CM hints at Modi becoming PM
Bangalore: As Narendra Modi`s electoral hat-trick set off debate about his national role, Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar Thursday virtually batted for him as BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate saying the outcome showed a new leader who can guide the ation is emerging.
"The (Gujarat) poll results have shown that a new leader who can guide the future of the country is emerging," he said congratulating Modi for retaining power in the assembly polls for the third time in a row.
In a statement, Shettar said it is a victory of good governance and development.
He also said the people of Gujarat have accorded their approval for "exceptional development politics" pursued by Modi during last eleven years which has come to be known as Gujarat Model.
The BJP cadre across the country, especially in the states like Karnataka which are going to polls shortly, are enthused by the party`s victory in Gujarat, Shettar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan