Karnataka CM hints at Modi becoming PM
Bangalore: As Narendra Modi`s electoral hat-trick set off debate about his national role, Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar Thursday virtually batted for him as BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate saying the outcome showed a new leader who can guide the ation is emerging.
"The (Gujarat) poll results have shown that a new leader who can guide the future of the country is emerging," he said congratulating Modi for retaining power in the assembly polls for the third time in a row.
In a statement, Shettar said it is a victory of good governance and development.
He also said the people of Gujarat have accorded their approval for "exceptional development politics" pursued by Modi during last eleven years which has come to be known as Gujarat Model.
The BJP cadre across the country, especially in the states like Karnataka which are going to polls shortly, are enthused by the party`s victory in Gujarat, Shettar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?