Karnataka CM hints at Modi becoming PM
Bangalore: As Narendra Modi`s electoral hat-trick set off debate about his national role, Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar Thursday virtually batted for him as BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate saying the outcome showed a new leader who can guide the ation is emerging.
"The (Gujarat) poll results have shown that a new leader who can guide the future of the country is emerging," he said congratulating Modi for retaining power in the assembly polls for the third time in a row.
In a statement, Shettar said it is a victory of good governance and development.
He also said the people of Gujarat have accorded their approval for "exceptional development politics" pursued by Modi during last eleven years which has come to be known as Gujarat Model.
The BJP cadre across the country, especially in the states like Karnataka which are going to polls shortly, are enthused by the party`s victory in Gujarat, Shettar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves